2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

dacer
Donator
Donator

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 07 Jul 2008, 11:45

and a few second later Piquet (Renault) fit new tyres. That's a very bad strategy for Ferrari-Massa, and even worst if you think Massa had not chance for podium

raptor69
car driver
car driver

Post by raptor69 » 07 Jul 2008, 12:08

what a race

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 07 Jul 2008, 15:55

It's quite odd that even though the race was chaotic and many drivers spun there was no SC at any stage. Silverstone has large areas for the drivers to slip from the track.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Jul 2008, 18:10

joostlamers wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
Zack wrote: One can say ..Ferrari gifted win to Hamilton! :p
May be i can put it this way

" Ferrari were not in a position to face Lewis Hamilton & Mclaren at Silverstone, hence they pulled the plug on Massa. For Kimi they kept it running for sometime and later on they simply shutdown the units and told their team to pack for Germany ! " :p :shhh:
That's the only correct conclusion :thumbsup:
yes you can say that .. i don't have much to say ATM!

But can rightly say Ferrari race was more importantly affected by Weather condition & hilarious strategical errors than competitors pace.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Jul 2008, 19:06

---Off topic----

i know this should be put in the German GP section, but i've made a countdown clock to the start of the race next sunday:

http://www.bored.com/makecountdowns/show.php?id=137586

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Jul 2008, 21:13

raptor69 wrote:what a race
Yeah.. Lovely :cool: ... !yahoo:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 08 Jul 2008, 00:54

I am uncertain if this was discussed but here goes nothing:-
http://www.f1-photo.com/

Looks like Kimmi pulled a Montoya and assaulted a photographer. How dare Paul Henri Cahier (whose pictures grace many pages of several of my books) take pictures of the the Gods for mortals like you and I !
Monday, July 7

Silverstone 2008 Incident -- Press Release
Following the incident involving Kimi Raikkonen and Paul-Henri Cahier on the starting grid of the British Grand Prix in Silverstone, that saw the finnish driver assault the photographer, we decided that it was necessary to clarify a few points.
There never was any contact between the two men, nor did Paul-Henri ever touch Kimi's equipment. Furthermore, the distance at which Paul-Henri Cahier was taking a picture, although close, was completely standard. The photographers who take pictures at Grand Prix races are all professionnals who have been accredited by the FIA, and as the dozen other photographers who were standing next to Paul-Henri Cahier prove, there was nothing unusual or unethical about this situation.
Finally, Paul-Henri Cahier has been an F1 photographer for almost fourty years and has been close to the greatest champions, but none of them has ever behaved in such a rude manner. It is understandable that drivers might get irritable because of the pressure they undergo, but Kimi Raikkonen never even attempted to express his discontent in a non violent way. Paul-Henri Cahier luckily did not suffer any injury, and so does not intend to take any action, but he regrets the arrogance with which Kimi Raikkonen treated someone who was merely doing his job.
I am disappointed with Kimmi. I was before for his driving and his attitude, I am just so much more now.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 Jul 2008, 06:43

Yea there's a video of the incident in this topic:
http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 7&start=60

Although the press release claims that the photographer did nothing, Kimi's camp says that he stepped on Kimi's stuff and you can judge from the video if it's true or not.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 Jul 2008, 07:26

phil1993 wrote:Oh, excuse me, isn't Massa jointly leading the WDC?!?!? I would have Massa in my team - he just doesn't do wet weather driving.
Its just that he is not good(BAD) & consistent in tricky conditions!.
sanredrose wrote: I just feel that he needs a little more patience and experience to drive a wet race as well as starting in the middle of the pack.
Well we have seen some classic recovery from him eg..last yr silverstone ... as i said before their are few more areas where massa needs to improve hugely i.e. driving in wet condition , consistency & adapting with not so good machinery ..like he made it look so bad in this race!
All these drivers don't seem to be very good in passing on the entire field, which has always been a strong point with Schumacher & Raikkonen. Look at Hamilton in France, he started 13th ... he messed up. Now look at Massa & Kubica .. They started in the 5th row of the grid and they were completely messed up.
IMO its just ...sometimes its possible sometime it isn't ..surely driver driving skill affect but thr is always chance top driver stuck behind for more than half race!Most important thing to consider would be opponents defense(pros..David ..Sato) and logically how many tenth driver is quicker than other driver.
sanredrose wrote: I believe Alonso would beat his team mate hands down as Kimi is right now.
where & When? :p

Standings: Massa - Kimi - Hamilton - 48 points :cool:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 08 Jul 2008, 08:28

Actullay here is the situation:

Massa has 2 DNF, while Hamilton 1. So Hamilton leads WDC, bearing in mind Raikkonen has only 2 wins, while duo has 3. It shows how deadly vitally arguably important finishing the race is.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jul 2008, 15:35

That Cahier bloke seriously a***licks Lewis Hamitlon on his website. I don't think he likes Raikkonen, so I wouldn't put it past him to be standing on his stuff and coming too close.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Jul 2008, 15:45

If I was Raikkonen i'd be pretty pissed if someone shoved a camera in my face and/or stood on my stuff.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2008, 16:23

It also seems that Ferrari were too busy watching the Tennis than deciding to change tyres :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2008, 16:26

Fergie1 wrote:If I was Raikkonen i'd be pretty pissed if someone shoved a camera in my face and/or stood on my stuff.
+ the camera hit his helmet :blink:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 08 Jul 2008, 16:56

iceman1 wrote:It also seems that Ferrari were too busy watching the Tennis than deciding to change tyres :p
Tennis didnt start until 2.30 :p