9 points: I loved it!
6%
8 points: Oh that was great!
10%
7 points: It was pretty good.
31%
6 points: It wasn't bad.
22%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
4%
4 points: It could have been a lot better.
12%
3 points: I didn't really like it
4%
2 points: It was aweful!
1%
1 point: Bad!!! Bad!!!
1%

Total votes: 68

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rate the French Grand Prix 2008

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 23 Jun 2008, 11:37

1-Best Driver:Trulli
2-Best Team: Toyota
3-Best Overtaking: Hamilton over Alonso
4-Best Moment: When Hamilton gotted that well deserved penalty, he wasn't passed Vettel yet in that time.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Button, Hamilton & Honda
6-Best Rookie: Piquet. :thumbsup:
7-The Most Surprising Moment: Kimi's exhaust pipe loose.
8-Comments: No comments.

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 23 Jun 2008, 11:44

1-Best Driver: Raikkonen
2-Best Team: Ferrari
3-Best Overtaking: were there any?! I'm kidding but the track is boring...
4-Best Moment: the fight between Jarno and Kova
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Honda
6-Best Rookie: Piquet
7-The Most Surprising Moment: Kimi's exhaust pipe loose
8-Comments: shame it didn't rain, I could have been a much interesting race... Magny-Cours is a dull race track

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Jun 2008, 14:58

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Button, Hamilton & Honda
Yeah dude, Hamilton worst driver, who else???

What a lame answer, you probably also thought that the best overtaking was Massa on Hamilton, because that was absolutely brilliant!!

Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm all over the place
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 23 Jun 2008, 15:13

joostlamers wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Button, Hamilton & Honda
Yeah dude, Hamilton worst driver, who else???

What a lame answer, you probably also thought that the best overtaking was Massa on Hamilton, because that was absolutely brilliant!!

Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm all over the place
I am sorry, dude, but everyone is allowed his/her private opinion around here, right?
Now, I have nothing against LH, but Hamilton's recent brain farts are not really telling that his is the best on the grid right? If/when someone wants to be the next WDC he'd better stop driving into people and cutting chicanes... He has one of the fastest cars on the grid and what... where he is in the standings?

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 23 Jun 2008, 16:19

joostlamers wrote: What a lame answer, you probably also thought that the best overtaking was Massa on Hamilton, because that was absolutely brilliant!!

Yeah, sarcasm like: "Hamilton drove a great race! From like way down in 13th to er.. 10th.."
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 23 Jun 2008, 16:22

1-Best Driver - Kimi, kept a melting car as fast as his teamate's and got the fastest lap, trulli would be next.
2-Best Team - Ferrari (who else)
3-Best Overtaking - Massa on Kimi, just joking...Nelson on Fernando
4-Best Moment - Kimi kept it going
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton and force india
6-Best Rookie - Nelson
7-The Most Surprising Moment - Kimi's car melting!
8-Comments - Hamilton penalty deserved, what about suzuka 2005 alonso. Hamilton should have let Vettel back through, he would have got the place again in the next lap anyway!

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 23 Jun 2008, 16:55

1-Best Driver: Trulli
2-Best Team: Ferrari...
3-Best Overtaking: It was not an overtaking, but almost: Heikki with Trulli...
4-Best Moment: The fight between Heikki and Trulli for the third place...
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Hamilton didn't have a good race... a real shame... even if he had some good moments, the final result is a disaster considering he want to win the championship...
6-Best Rookie: Piquet... At last he has some points!! He has so much pressure over him that he cannot show how good he is. This will be helpful to him in order to find his real level.. I don't think he's so bad driver has he has shown in the previous races... maybe he having just a hard time to find his best performance. It seems that his surname is quite heavy to carry...
7-The Most Surprising Moment: Hamilton overtaking Vettel, Hamilton overtaking Alonso, and Piquet overtaking Alonso..
8-Comments: A race that does not have a fight for the first place is always a boring race... like this one... I hope next year with the new rules we'll have a better f1.

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 23 Jun 2008, 21:00

1-Best Driver: Kimi/Trulli
2-Best Team: Ferrari
3-Best Overtaking: the overtaking that never was by Alonso, Kubica, Hamilton and Kovalainen over Trulli
4-Best Moment: The fight between Alonso, Kubica, Hamilton and Kovalainen over Trulli for the third place
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Hamilton (second time in a row) McLaren (should have told Hamilton to hand back the position to Vettel)
6-Best Rookie: Piquet
7-The Most Surprising Moment: Kimi losing 1-3 seconds per lap against Massa and Trulli
8-Comments: Superb driving by Kimi and Trulli. Be prepare Alonso would be nasty against Piquet in the next race, he can accept hat his partner was better than him this time.

Hamilton penalty was deserved:
In relation to the incident Hamilton says:
"I went into the corner believing I was ahead on the outside and couldn't turn in on the guy otherwise we would have crashed so I took a wider line. Then I lost the back of the marbles and went over the kerb and continued. I don't believe I overtook him by going over the kerb. I overtook him before that, as a result I was forced wide"
Suppose the the tarmac run-off was a wall or tire barrier, he would have crash against it and would have been out of the race.
In his own words he says that he did a unsafely manoeuvre (he could only overtake Vettel because in that place is a tarmac run-off and not a solid barrier), he didn't had space and control to overtake Vettel, the space and control were given by the tarmac.
So, he really gain an advantage by going off the track. He should be grateful that the gave him the most lenient punishment (the options were a stop-and-go, a drive-through, and another grid demotion)

source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080622/s ... n_hamilton

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 24 Jun 2008, 03:26

1-Best Driver - no doubt Jarno, he made that toyota look like a BMW in the race
2-Best Team - Ferrari
3-Best Overtaking - Piquet on Alonso
4-Best Moment - Heikki and Trulli wheel to wheel into the Imola chicane and Trulli celebrating thrid place on the podium
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - I'll say Alonso in fact, had a good grid spot could of scored some good points and lost out to his teammate and only finished 8th.....worst team is BMW in my opinion......after going 1-2 in Canada 5th and 13th is a pretty miserable result to follow up Canada
6-Best Rookie - Nelson
7-The Most Surprising Moment - Kimi's exhaust and Heikki overtaking Piquet in the pits
8-Comments - Hamilton deserved the penalty in my opinion and this coming from a non hamilton hater.....He did not completely clear vettel's car because had he gone into the chicane fully he will crash into him so he overtook vettel by cutting the chicane when he should've backed off, let vettel go into the chicane follwed by him and overtake later....had he allowed the STR to go by the penalty would have not been made and hamilton would've probably finished 4th or 5th and scored points.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 24 Jun 2008, 06:27

1-Best Driver -Trulli & Kimi Of course to keep the car running & come home 2nd place
2-Best Team - Ferrari
3-Best Overtaking - Hamilton on Alonso
4-Best Moment - Wheel banging action between Heiki & Trulli
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton (errors again) & BMW ( From Heros to Zeros :cheezy:
6-Best Rookie - Piquet-Finally he will have something to cherish
7-The Most Surprising Moment - Raikkonen's problem
8-Comments - Hamilton loosing his cool & making silly mistakes.This is what he deserves for screwing others race.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Jun 2008, 10:08

f1freak wrote:5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton (errors again) & BMW ( From Heros to Zeros :cheezy:
Just name one Hamilton 'error' and I'll give you a round of applaus :<>: . Overtaking someone is definately not a mistake, because you're going to name Hamilton ovetaking Vettel correctly.

I just read an article about someone who quited watching F1, because Ferrari is always helped by the FIA, giving penalty's at critical times to everyone, except giving them to the Almighty Ferrari's. He's definately right with that fact(!). Take a look on the history, driving for Ferrari is definately an advantage!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

gokul009
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by gokul009 » 24 Jun 2008, 10:13

1-Best Driver - All three on the podium (Massa, Raikkonen, Trulli)
2-Best Team - Ferrari
3-Best Overtaking - Hamilton's first pass on Alonso
4-Best Moment - When Massa crossed the chequered flag to lead
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Button, Honda
6-Best Rookie - Piquet without a doubt
7-The Most Surprising Moment - Raikkonen finishing the race
8-Comments - not the best race, but not the worst either

rao_battula
kart driver
kart driver

Post by rao_battula » 24 Jun 2008, 10:39

1-Best Driver
Raikkonen. How could he pull a second from Massa for each of 3 laps. His race pace can not be beaten.
2-Best Team
Ferrari. The class of engineering.
3-Best Overtaking
Hamilton on Alonso
4-Best Moment
Heikki and Trulli fighting for 3 position. Awesome to watch.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team
Lewis and Honda
6-Best Rookie
Nelson
7-The Most Surprising Moment
Drive through penalty to Hamilton. I am not aware of rules then.
8-Comments
It was relief to watch Kimi finishing the race and get 8 points home. Nice race with lot of over takings.

-BSR

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Jun 2008, 14:44

joostlamers wrote:
f1freak wrote:5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton (errors again) & BMW ( From Heros to Zeros :cheezy:
Just name one Hamilton 'error' and I'll give you a round of applaus :<>: . Overtaking someone is definately not a mistake, because you're going to name Hamilton ovetaking Vettel correctly.

I just read an article about someone who quited watching F1, because Ferrari is always helped by the FIA, giving penalty's at critical times to everyone, except giving them to the Almighty Ferrari's. He's definately right with that fact(!). Take a look on the history, driving for Ferrari is definately an advantage!

I think when people say that Hamilton was the worst driver, that is perhaps harsh. It was either Bourdais or Heidfeld, or maybe Button or Sutil, but to call Hamilton the best driver of the race is rather flawed too. He had a fairly ragged first stint through pushing too hard, with the three lock-ups behind Piquet, going wide (again behind Piquet) at 180 and losing momentum twice going for the gap at 180 that Piquet had left by takeing the wide line, but mostly what people mean by mistake is just their opinion of the Vettel incident.

As for the claim of Ferrari being helped by the FIA, it is complete carp. That's just a silly opinion. If you people had your way, Ferrari would be punished for everything. Ferrari are not being punished, because you don't see them overtakeing off the track or causing avoidable (I stress avoidable) incidents.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 24 Jun 2008, 16:16

I think people are allowed to express their opinion without having others attacking them personally for it...