2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

dacer
Donator
Donator

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 23 Jun 2008, 07:32

xyneid wrote:
dazmoffman wrote:
dacer wrote:nice overtake, RON DENNIS to kavalainen. How to break a few second before and let your teammate pass. Do drive through for both?
Very smart remark that is i agree and while we do it give the same penalty to kimi and massa for letting the pass happen or would it be wrong too let your faster team mate pass. ahem (team)
Team order is something, team play is another thing my friends. In Canada BMW; here in France McLaren and Ferrari did the same thing. Maybe other teams do this but we cannot see it on the cameras. It's nothing related to Schumacher-Barichello fiasqo in Austuria and USA. Way way different.
Yes, thats true. You have to beat your teammate, but you have to be more carefull (remember Hamilton touch Kovalainen on firsts laps). Massa to Raikonen, Raikonen know about his problem, the only way to defense 1st position, was moving across the track and try to get Massa outside. But Hamilton can not overtake Kovalainen if he didn't let it. Kovalainen was fighting with Piquet, trying to overtake him. He had to stop and let Hamilton try to overtake Piquet.

Similar Piquet and Alonso at the end of race, Piquet was near Alonso, but didn't let him overtake Alonso. Alonso make a mistake, and then was Alonso behind and did'n let Alonso overtake Piquet.

It's very easy to understand, but you have to know any about this sport.

marty wrote:Unless ofcourse you hate your teamate :lol: like lewis/alonso or senna/prost
Alonso last year had not teammate, and had not team. He was alone.

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 23 Jun 2008, 09:19

just a remark on "let the team mate overtake" thing,

imo it should be possible for teams to order that. A team is a team.
Then every team could have same strategies about 1st driver, 2nd driver or just the one who fits best for that race. No more conspiracy about that. imo.

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 23 Jun 2008, 11:46

I don't know what to say about these team orders, but for sure I disliked the 'overtaking' of Hekki from Hamilton... they should know that they insult us, the viewers when they do such things...

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 23 Jun 2008, 16:28

Hamilton's drive through penalty seemed rational to me and Vettel explains it here:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4255.shtml

So basically Hamilton overtakes Vettel and the only way for Hamilton to keep his position after that move is to cut the chicane which is cheating.

Here's a youtube video of it, at least until Bernie finds it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c2GVlP2Ck

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 23 Jun 2008, 16:29

flapshot wrote:I'll post here, sorry for starting anothe thread about the Hamilton\McLaren thing. I'm not a newbie to F1 at all, as some one posted, but I am a Hamilton fan (even though he is a silly boy sometimes). I just think the officials tend to dish out a lot of crud to Hamilton\McLaren at the moment.

Looks like Ferrari will pick up the points at Silverstone too, and I'm glad to see Massa get a win today!
Hey flapshot, i`ve been thinking that maybe i was a bit hard on you some days ago, so let me start again..........welcome to f1zone mate !!!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 23 Jun 2008, 16:52

Regarding Kimi qualifying lap ... simply not all four tire on green ..iirc Rosberg(?) confirm it via radio!

About Kimi - Massa pass .. i think at that moment any other driver would have easily pass kimi ..their can be two reason according Overtaking Working Group(OWG) currently f1 car need at least 2 sec to overtake comfortably i.e massa was lapping in mid 1.17s while kimi in low 1.19s and other reason kimi took some time to adapt to condition of the car which is absolutely normal.
But its possible that kimi let massa pass!?! kimi would do that :huh:

I don't have opinion about Hamilton penalty ..bcoz i missed it ..was chatting with xynied :lol:
But from what i saw in replay ... after that move if was it impossible to turn & without contact with opponent ... think the rest :p

I have been penalize ..25sec doing the same what Hamilton did on Hungaroring turn 8 in sim racing many times :p :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Jun 2008, 17:30

Zack wrote:But its possible that kimi let massa pass!?! kimi would do that :huh:
Nah, don't think so, Kimi really had a problem with his car, besides, I think he's still Ferrari's front man, despite he's 5 point behind his teammate.. And I think Kimi will win more races then Massa, this year. Think Massa will never be champion..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 23 Jun 2008, 17:39

I think kimi lets Massa pass him, he knew he can fight with him, and only can try Massa make a mistake. Even in this case, maybe the mistake was a crash of both.

Sure Kimi never forced a mistake on his teammate. Sure, Kime lets Massa overtake him, but he can not do anything. Very different that Kovalainen vs Hamilton

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 24 Jun 2008, 02:00

Sorry but after viewing the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c2GVlP2Ck
posted by "Azshadow" thanks by the way...I have to say its a bull sh*$ call by stewards
the pass was clean if ham would have breaked in that next turn after the pass he would have compremize the
safty of vettel, himself and messing up the race for others..I am surprise a drive through
was given for that...no I don't think its a personal thing for Mclaren but it is for lewis..when you good
you are good and people dont like that...thats a move Shumacher would do at anyday @ any track
there would have been no questions asked about it he would have not been punished.....the very same stewards allow kimi to drive the rest of
the race wit a broken floppy exhoust which could have broken off and landed in another drivers face hurting
them or destroying the race for other it was very clear the stwards did all they could to allow kimi to get maximum points
and prevent Hamilton from getting any....I am starting to feel the stwards do have favorites..
lets not forget these are men who have watched F1 all their lives and take part in alot of motor sports activies
its very clear they do not have a nutral hart :<>:

joac21
kart driver
kart driver

Post by joac21 » 24 Jun 2008, 02:42

Manny6 wrote:Sorry but after viewing the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c2GVlP2Ck
posted by "Azshadow" thanks by the way...I have to say its a bull sh*$ call by stewards
the pass was clean if ham would have breaked in that next turn after the pass he would have compremize the
safty of vettel, himself and messing up the race for others..I am surprise a drive through
was given for that...no I don't think its a personal thing for Mclaren but it is for lewis..when you good
you are good and people dont like that...thats a move Shumacher would do at anyday @ any track
there would have been no questions asked about it he would have not been punished.....the very same stewards allow kimi to drive the rest of
the race wit a broken floppy exhoust which could have broken off and landed in another drivers face hurting
them or destroying the race for other it was very clear the stwards did all they could to allow kimi to get maximum points
and prevent Hamilton from getting any....I am starting to feel the stwards do have favorites..
lets not forget these are men who have watched F1 all their lives and take part in alot of motor sports activies
its very clear they do not have a nutral hart :<>:
YES and the fact that he would have compromise the safety of vettel means that the pass wass impossible... just imagine a wall instead of the kerbs..and youllknow why he should give the possition back to vettel

xander
car driver
car driver

Post by xander » 24 Jun 2008, 11:15

Massa great race
very good

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 25 Jun 2008, 06:12

Hmm..Kimi are always set the fastest lap time in most of the races.

And Massa is the best teammate for him. :shhh:

Viva Kimi-Massa..!!
Perfect teammate for Ferrari. :wave:

Viva ferrari..!! Flag:##

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 25 Jun 2008, 11:34

syafiqa wrote:Hmm..Kimi are always set the fastest lap time in most of the races.

And Massa is the best teammate for him. :shhh:

Viva Kimi-Massa..!!
Perfect teammate for Ferrari. :wave:

Viva ferrari..!! Flag:##

I agree

Kimi set fastest lap in last 5 races.. that is very good pace from ferrari but out of those he won only 1 race..

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 25 Jun 2008, 12:18

joac21 wrote:YES and the fact that he would have compromise the safety of vettel means that the pass wass impossible... just imagine a wall instead of the kerbs..and youllknow why he should give the possition back to vettel
i agree......hamilton should have had the patience to overtake in a better place......that corner is not an overtaking place and he should of just backed off going into the corner with vettel going first....hamilton is always too eager to pass everybody...just take a look at brazil last year he def did not need to overtake alonso but he tried anyway and was one of the factors of him losing the title.....hamilton needs to develop some patience first before winning any championships

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 25 Jun 2008, 16:35

Fastest lap says nothing, Kovalainen had also got the fastest lap time, twice or so, Hamilton hasn't got a Fastest lap, but he won 2 races already
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at