2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

AzShadow

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by AzShadow » 22 Jun 2008, 18:24

xyneid wrote:Ferrari uses his joker. FIA gives one-time-right-to-change engine witohut emposing any penalty just for once in 2008 season regardless whatsoever the reason might be. Ferrari haven't used it till now and now they say they might use it. I think, it's right time to do it. They can't rely on Kimi's engine in Silverstone.
What was the talk earlier then about having to finish the race? Or was there a misunderstanding between us? I've meant with the free change all the time exactly this what Domenicali was talking about.

phil1993

2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 22 Jun 2008, 18:30

sanredrose wrote:
phil1993 wrote:By the way Sanredrose, on your sig, shouldn't 'Heiki' have another 'K' in it?
true but i didn't create the signature .. one of forum members created it for me & i am not aware how to edit it .. can u tell me how ???
---OFF TOPIC--- I dont know, but try and request it in the 'Signature request' section or be very crafty and edit it :p

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 22 Jun 2008, 20:17

A new rule for this year allows each driver to have one unscheduled engine change without penalty.
As another f1 site says.
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 22 Jun 2008, 20:32

AzShadow wrote:
xyneid wrote:Ferrari uses his joker. FIA gives one-time-right-to-change engine witohut emposing any penalty just for once in 2008 season regardless whatsoever the reason might be. Ferrari haven't used it till now and now they say they might use it. I think, it's right time to do it. They can't rely on Kimi's engine in Silverstone.
What was the talk earlier then about having to finish the race? Or was there a misunderstanding between us? I've meant with the free change all the time exactly this what Domenicali was talking about.
I didn't know that you meant this before. You were right then, I just thought the standard procedure, nothing related to this bonus change rule. I remembered the rule olny when I read the article. Sorry if I confused you :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

flapshot
car driver
car driver

Post by flapshot » 22 Jun 2008, 21:35

I'll post here, sorry for starting anothe thread about the Hamilton\McLaren thing. I'm not a newbie to F1 at all, as some one posted, but I am a Hamilton fan (even though he is a silly boy sometimes). I just think the officials tend to dish out a lot of crud to Hamilton\McLaren at the moment.

Looks like Ferrari will pick up the points at Silverstone too, and I'm glad to see Massa get a win today!

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 22 Jun 2008, 21:43

If a McLaren can't win the championship this year, i'd love to see Massa win it. Seems a really nice guy and not arrogant at all like some of the other drivers.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 22 Jun 2008, 21:53

flapshot wrote:I just think the officials tend to dish out a lot of crud to Hamilton\McLaren at the moment.
I'm not really comfortable with the idea of favoritism the same side against another. I agree with the idea in that they sometimes might do this in order to build up entertainment and excitement for crowd and money thing but it can be for every team and driver.

For today's debate, both penalties given to Heikki and Lewis were not fair to me but I don't see it as a conspiracy. If we keep calling every race incident as a theory of conspiracy, we should call it a day for F1.

Come on.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 22 Jun 2008, 22:09

Fergie1 wrote:If a McLaren can't win the championship this year, i'd love to see Massa win it. Seems a really nice guy and not arrogant at all like some of the other drivers.
No he's good. He's got the ambition, this year he's got the drive, and seems to have the luck and skill to take him there, while being seemingly a nice humble guy. And if he's behind enough to play the team game at Interlagos like last year, he'd gladly do it.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 22 Jun 2008, 22:30

What happen people, the drive trought for hamilton its according to the rules hamilton take advantage by cutting the curve to pass the toro rosso, he must let toro rosso take his place again an then fight for place.

Even in this race happen with kova in finals laps he must leave place to jarno to return third an start again, kova needs to cut to keep the car in good standig but also doesnt mean that he already earn third place he go back to fourth

Maybe hamilton thinks he already pass vetel, but team by radio must tell him about and come back behind vettel or decided the see what happens and penalty happens.

Nobody in mclaren complain about penalty becuase they know the rules.

but fans well thats another story ......
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 22 Jun 2008, 22:35

well imho it looked more like he was avoiding running into the back of the car infront rather than not being able to make the corner but like everything else its how the fia interprets it altho it was a pretty ballsy move on the outside was great to watch

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 22 Jun 2008, 22:36

lealjaime wrote: Nobody in mclaren complain about penalty becuase they know the rules.
Actually there are:
Planet-F1 wrote:An aggrieved Hamilton, who finished the race in tenth position, stalked out of Magny-Cours without talking to the press, but Dennis voiced the view of McLaren when he told ITV: "In our opinion, Lewis was already past him [when he went off]. He didn't gain any road position."

Asked whether he believed McLaren was being victimised after Hamilton's penalty in Canada and Heikki Kovalainen was demoted down the grid this weekend in France, Dennis refused to comment.
I thought the same way but I need a second look. It seemed to me Hamilton had already past Vettel.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 22 Jun 2008, 22:39

dacer wrote:nice overtake, RON DENNIS to kavalainen. How to break a few second before and let your teammate pass. Do drive through for both?
Very smart remark that is i agree and while we do it give the same penalty to kimi and massa for letting the pass happen or would it be wrong too let your faster team mate pass. ahem (team)

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 22 Jun 2008, 22:43

dazmoffman wrote:
dacer wrote:nice overtake, RON DENNIS to kavalainen. How to break a few second before and let your teammate pass. Do drive through for both?
Very smart remark that is i agree and while we do it give the same penalty to kimi and massa for letting the pass happen or would it be wrong too let your faster team mate pass. ahem (team)
Team order is something, team play is another thing my friends. In Canada BMW; here in France McLaren and Ferrari did the same thing. Maybe other teams do this but we cannot see it on the cameras. It's nothing related to Schumacher-Barichello fiasqo in Austuria and USA. Way way different.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 22 Jun 2008, 23:01

xyneid wrote:
dazmoffman wrote:
Team order is something, team play is another thing my friends. In Canada BMW; here in France McLaren and Ferrari did the same thing. Maybe other teams do this but we cannot see it on the cameras. It's nothing related to Schumacher-Barichello fiasqo in Austuria and USA. Way way different.
its common sense to let your faster team mate past wuldnt you agree, whats the point of watching your wing mirror full of your teamate and the possibillity comprimising your own race and his would be rediculus, differant story in the final laps.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 22 Jun 2008, 23:27

yeah its not like schumacher barrichello where the leading driver was faster and the orders were to let michael past to win the championship but where the following driver is obviously faster and would pass them anyway at some point it makes no sense to hold them up and potentially have an accident. Unless ofcourse you hate your teamate :lol: like lewis/alonso or senna/prost