Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by joac21 » 25 May 2008, 21:00

great race!.. feel bad for sutil, i was also expectnig more from alonsoo

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 25 May 2008, 21:03

You saw/heard Hamiltons slide at the far and of the race? Hamilton was already flagged as winner, he was coming on the main straight, for the podium ceremony. Anyone saw it? It was lovely!! !yahoo: :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

starbright
kart driver
kart driver

Post by starbright » 25 May 2008, 21:31

AzShadow wrote:Hamilton a bit lucky to finish the race:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67742
omg, so close to first Kubica win :<>: But always look on the bright side of life -whistling- - 2nd place is great too

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 25 May 2008, 21:39

I'm a huge fan of Kimi but i think he should've got penalized for that contact with Sutil. If Fisichella got penalized 5 spot for hitting Nakajima's car then why shouldn't it be the same for Kimi????

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 25 May 2008, 21:45

HandoZiZle wrote:I'm a huge fan of Kimi but i think he should've got penalized for that contact with Sutil. If Fisichella got penalized 5 spot for hitting Nakajima's car then why shouldn't it be the same for Kimi????
Giancarlo Fisichella looks set to be handed a five-place grid penalty for the Monaco Grand Prix after having his gearbox changed prior to qualifying.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 May 2008, 21:55

starbright wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Hamilton a bit lucky to finish the race:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67742
omg, so close to first Kubica win :<>: But always look on the bright side of life -whistling- - 2nd place is great too
i think kubica is best driver as well-i wanted him to win but there is always next time
:thumbsup:
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

starbright
kart driver
kart driver

Post by starbright » 25 May 2008, 21:57

HandoZiZle wrote:I'm a huge fan of Kimi but i think he should've got penalized for that contact with Sutil. If Fisichella got penalized 5 spot for hitting Nakajima's car then why shouldn't it be the same for Kimi????
Kimi get into a skid (slide), lost control of car for quite long time, he couldn't avoid hit Sutil - that is the difference between him and Fisichella. And he got penalty - zero points ;)

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 25 May 2008, 23:37

starbright wrote:
Kimi get into a skid (slide), lost control of car for quite long time, he couldn't avoid hit Sutil - that is the difference between him and Fisichella. And he got penalty - zero points ;)
Yeah he did lose control of the car on the descent. I guess he didn't get on the brakes fast enough or too much braking. But still :<>:

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 26 May 2008, 00:02

Fergie1 wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Stewards take no action on Raikkonen and Sutil Crash.
Linky
Absolutely shocking, regardless of who I support and some people would like to believe I think this way because I am a McLaren fan. I would feel Hamilton should get penalized if it was him in Raikkonen's position. Infact Hamilton would of been penalized. FIA should stop been so f*****g biased.
If so, why didn't you call for a Hamilton penalty when he ran into the back of Alonso a couple of races ago? If I remember correctly you accused Alonso of braketesting rather than calling for a Hamilton penalty.... :roll::

Joking apart, of course Kimi wasn't penalized as he didn't break any rules. He may have been a bit clumsy or asleep, but that's not against the rules. If it was, we would have loads of drivers penalized every race, Hamilton included. Period. The only one biased in this case is you, I think.
Ok your right on the Kimi crash, It wasn't his fault and he doesn't deserve a penalty I can see that now. But why do you feel the need to drag up sh*t from races ago? We know it wasn't a brake test now, but it looked like one.
Also FIA has/is been biased on inconsistent steward decisions but as I was over-reacting earlier, today wasn't one.
OK, I really didn't mean it that way, my point was that even if we ALL are biased (I know I am! :cheezy: ) towards our favourite driver(s) we must also try to be reasonably fair.

My heart is bleeding for Sutil too, it was SO unfair on him, and I think Kimi was making a stupid mistake not worthy of a WDC at all. But penalty - no. All drivers make stupid mistakes sometimes, only this time the consequences unfortunately were huge for a guy that was driving the race of his life. :sad:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 26 May 2008, 00:59

Great race ! Finally a wet race and it wasn`t THE disaster everyone was predicting. I was really impressed by Massa today, fast lap times and no mistakes until that 1st corner. Kubica is doing a wonderful season, always messing around among Macca and Ferrari with a good car but not a winning car yet. It wasn`t Kimi`s day for sure, he`ll be back for winning more races, but Sutil won`t have too many chances to score a 4th place so soon......, it`s sad but it`s racing, a bit like Heikki`s luck, race after race.
Also, i`m impressed how strong these cars are, just look at Alonso and Hamilton hiting the armco and they kept goin`, changed the tyres and everything`s fine.

counter1405
car driver
car driver

Post by counter1405 » 26 May 2008, 01:37

the best racer is RK not LH

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 26 May 2008, 07:54

uncleben wrote:Yeah he did lose control of the car on the descent. I guess he didn't get on the brakes fast enough or too much braking. But still :<>:
No he actually braked a bit sooner... that's why it happened in the 1st place...

And also, its the 2nd race he ruined another guys's race... last time it was Kovaleinen, by clipping his rear tire... this time Sutil...

alper206
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alper206 » 26 May 2008, 11:42

Sutil said Raikkonen had apologised and the German was sure it was just a racing accident.

"He apologised, so he is a great sportsman," Sutil added. "He is a very good driver and I have to accept it. It was not done on purpose and it can happen to everybody. I have to live with it and just go on to the next race.

"It was not like he was braking too late and crashing into my car. He lost the car, the conditions were very tricky so we cannot say he made a mistake. He just lost the car."
Sutil's own words from autosport regarding raikko incident. hope this clear the discussion here...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 May 2008, 11:44

Hamilton puncture!! I Totally would have died when he threw the victory away.. In the last lap. But he succeed :)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 May 2008, 14:26

Its probably just me, but did anyone else feel nothing special regarding lewis winning the race?

I mean, he hardly did anything and won the race. Im not saying anything too critical, but most of his wins always happen when nobody challenges him. Take last year, canada theres was kubica's accident, ferrari sucked and Alonso was just arsing around and was sh*t being fair. Indianopolis, didnt have much pressure, ALonso was faster but couldnt get the slipstream so let it go in the end. Hungary, slower BMW's couldnt challenge him much and Alonso was penalised for blocking (which was a stupid retalliation move to be fair). Japan saw terrible antics behind the safety car causing Webber and Vettel to collide once again leaving slower BMW's to chase him. Then Australia 08, where the ferrari's sucked terribly and Heiki was used as the rear gunner which ITV's commentators repeatedly said.

Infact this is a small point id like to make. ITV both in australia and Monaco said that Heiki is lewis' rear gunner and that he is McLarens guinea pig for dry tyres so lewis didnt make a mistake. Correct me if im wrong, but didnt McLaren preach over and over and over about equality? Just goes to show Fernando is quite right, especially as theres been rumours regarding Heiki telling the finnish press how he always has to go on heavier loads, mixed with the interview on ITV with fernando saying McLaren chose his strategy for him, seems the same for heikki. All from a team who play equality? Scuse me if im wrong, but id say lewis is number 1 driver in the team for the second year running. He told the team publicly he should be number 1 driver in a press conference (I quote; I love the team more, they should all get behind me').

Also did you notice McLaren when lewis won? Martin whitmarsh said this is a race lewis probably should have won last year. So, what are you saying? you made Alonso win? or you wanted lewis to win but Alonso was better or what? I think this shows that, the rumours regarding Alonso wanting to return to Renault from Australia 2007 are true. Also, you didnt see ron dennis so chuffed for Fernando did you? You didnt see the team se chuffed for Fernando too. Not only that, but how bleeding bigheaded did lewis act after the race. Christ i wanted someone to pull him down a peg or two. You could see kubica and massa talking and look at him asif hes an ar****le.

Anyway, guess monte carlo made me think, is lewis just a good driver in a brilliant car, whos in the right place at the right time? im hoping this will cause some good discussion.

Oh id like to make 3 shouts; one to sutil for an astonishing performance, one to vettel who also, made a brilliant come back and ofcourse one for Webber, consistent as ever. Also id like to thank Kubica, Alonso, Nico and Barrichello, for providing good entertainment, and also being the only drivers bold enough to make overtakes, successful or not.

-Andrew