2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Jimmylinn
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Jimmylinn » 16 Mar 2008, 19:34

Very entertaining race!! Well done especially to the top 3, they deserved it as they were the only ones who kept their heads!

ODDBA11
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ODDBA11 » 16 Mar 2008, 19:47

i thank the f1 god for lewis hamilton!!!
Britain badly needed him!

and red bulls gunna have to seriously fight thier sister team it seems!

__M@RC3L__
car driver
car driver

Post by __M@RC3L__ » 16 Mar 2008, 20:04

i think the 5 german driver's are very good, because they're drive with good or not so good cars and they're probably good! Flag:##

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 16 Mar 2008, 20:23

with all that talk about taking away carbon brakes and reducing the dirty air from rear wings to make for more overtaking in f1 seems all they had to do was take away the traction conrtol hahah

what an aweseome race im gonna download it so i can watch it agiain!

fary

Post by fary » 16 Mar 2008, 20:40

ferrari was a disaster in this race, I´m dissapointed with raikkonen and massa because although they have problems in their cars they didn´t do a good job in the race.
Really good race for hamilton who dominated the situacion all time and also good race for alonso, with an inferior car but without errors and he could beat kovalainen and his mclaren. He finished in a deserved 4 position. I also very surprised with barrichello, honda improved so much the car. :cool:
Be well
Fary
Last edited by fary on 16 Mar 2008, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Mar 2008, 20:43

Raikkonen asking for disqualification.. How childish :<>:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 16 Mar 2008, 21:30

AzShadow wrote:As expected, Rubens got disqualified and Kimi got one point:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65813

I heard that last time Ferrari was without points after the opening GP in 1992. So this would have been their worst for 16 years. :blink:
On TV they said that it was the first time since 1997 that both Ferraris did not finish the race.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 16 Mar 2008, 21:39

It was worth the 5 month wait to see such an eventful race.

The pluses for me are

Rosberg - With his skill and a bit of luck, he got his first podium in F1.
Bourdais - A good result considering it's his maiden F1 race. Pity his engine had to fail in the closing laps of the GP
Kubica - He had a good race and was better than his team mate, all weekend. I was sorry that Nakajima ended his race
Glock - Managed to quali in top 10 and was doing well until his incident left him a bit shaken.
Kovalainen - A great race, until the last safety car stint and that miskake after overtaking on Nando

Minuses
Ferrari - for breaking 3 engines in 1 race
Massa - for driving more on the gravel then on track
Piquet - Renault did a huge mistake in keeping him and not Kovalainen

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 16 Mar 2008, 21:44

joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen asking for disqualification.. How childish :<>:
Did he actually ask for it ? :huh: Where did you read that ?
AzShadow wrote:Yeah the new safety car rule sucks. There were already problems with it last season and it only ruins many drivers' races, especially for the ones who are leading.
I hate it when they change the rules every year because I am never up to date with all of them.
I think it would be better as it was a few years ago when you could have some luck (or a good strategy) with pitting under the safety car.

F1_Maniac
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1_Maniac » 16 Mar 2008, 22:30

what a god damn race!!!!! kov's move on alonso was ass raping, so disappointed for the ferrari, thus proving my point that massa is the worst top runner (only one who relaly showed us that he couldn'nt handle no TC as his aggressive 'stomping pedal' driving style got him to mess up in the first corner. props for bourdais. good finish by rosberg...

Its gonna be a bad season, the #### man's gonna pull away

Zack:
General Guidelines for all Forums

1. Social Behavior
No content that is considered racist, obscene or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully. Users caught flaming other users will have their accounts locked on sight, possibly with a temporary ban.
Last edited by Zack on 17 Mar 2008, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning: No Racism Allowed.

automotive
car driver
car driver

Post by automotive » 16 Mar 2008, 22:35

too bad for ferrari :sad: both cars were off from the race.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Mar 2008, 22:47

In the press conference, I found Hamilton very confident and some might say "over confident." While responding a question from the floor of "how are you going to spend the next few days before you get to Malaysia?" he said he's going to enjoy the victory and celebrate with Nico if he wanted to join :) But Nico responded him "I would love to go flat out tonight but it’s a bit difficult because we have the race so close next weekend, so maybe it would be better to take it a bit easier ... I’m very, very serious about my sport." I wish I have seen both of them on TV while doing this conversation.

For a back-to-back race, Hamilton is really really confident of both himself and the car considering Albert Park is somewhat different track from any other in the calender. I should say to him, don't drink too much :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

IOne
car driver
car driver

Post by IOne » 16 Mar 2008, 23:27

What a good race to watch, long time we didn't had sutch troubled race, only P1 seem it was taken withought mutch dispute, as for the rest a fight untill the with only 7 of 22 finishing it.

It even seen like it was the canadien circuit...

JonBoy
car driver
car driver

Post by JonBoy » 16 Mar 2008, 23:33

As much as I hate how much the F1 bureaucracy is holding up technical development, the loss of TC and launch control certainly made this an interesting race. More driver, less car...

Guapo83
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Guapo83 » 16 Mar 2008, 23:39

It was so great today. Alonso and Bourdais was the best drivers.