2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

farscope
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by farscope » 17 Mar 2008, 01:51

Ferrrai shall rise again in Malaysia remember kimi won his first race there!!!

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farscope
car driver
car driver

Post by farscope » 17 Mar 2008, 01:52

Guapo83 wrote:It was so great today. Alonso and Bourdais was the best drivers.
Alonso got lucky heiki just gave him 4 but sebas great race in last year STR2

egeveke
car driver
car driver

Post by egeveke » 17 Mar 2008, 01:58

Only 7 cars finished today, is this because of the loss of TC and are we going to see plenty of more races like this?

ForzaSFM123
car driver
car driver

Post by ForzaSFM123 » 17 Mar 2008, 02:38

egeveke wrote:Only 7 cars finished today, is this because of the loss of TC and are we going to see plenty of more races like this?
I sure hope we get more races like this. Felt like a wet race without the wet. I cannot wait till next week! Hope Ferrari gets back in the groove! :nosweat:

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 17 Mar 2008, 02:52

lucian wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen asking for disqualification.. How childish :<>:
Did he actually ask for it ? :huh: Where did you read that ?
AzShadow wrote:Yeah the new safety car rule sucks. There were already problems with it last season and it only ruins many drivers' races, especially for the ones who are leading.
I hate it when they change the rules every year because I am never up to date with all of them.
I think it would be better as it was a few years ago when you could have some luck (or a good strategy) with pitting under the safety car.
Agreed!
There's nothing wrong about taking advantage of the safety car situation, if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Just proposing a scenario: What if a car is damaged and requires repair on the same lap? Do the FIA expect the driver to lap the circuit another lap and potentially increase the amount of damage to the car?

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 17 Mar 2008, 05:59

maltafan wrote:
AzShadow wrote:As expected, Rubens got disqualified and Kimi got one point:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65813

I heard that last time Ferrari was without points after the opening GP in 1992. So this would have been their worst for 16 years. :blink:
On TV they said that it was the first time since 1997 that both Ferraris did not finish the race.
I was talking about opening GPs only. Of course they've had DNF races after that too. The last one was in 2006 Australian GP actually, but it wasn't the opening GP that year.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 17 Mar 2008, 05:59

egeveke wrote:Only 7 cars finished today, is this because of the loss of TC and are we going to see plenty of more races like this?
Some retirements where but not all

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 17 Mar 2008, 07:16

joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen asking for disqualification.. How childish :<>:
"For sure if you cannot finish the race it's not very good,But I think we should still get one point because Rubens went through a red light. It's better than nothing but obviously it is not what we wanted from here."
whats so childish about it? :roll::
Yes, i think.But number retirements will reduce as season progress's.Actually in the race majority of the retirements were due to Accidents(9).Guys like Nelsinho Piquet did awesome job ..he took fisi out & almost damage 3 car in first corner :p ... Kazuki Nakajima the great attack kubica under safety cay :nosweat: .. Ferrari's on Red Bull's :nosweat: [/rant]
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 17 Mar 2008, 08:23

F1_Maniac wrote:what a god damn race!!!!! kov's move on alonso was ass raping, so disappointed for the ferrari, thus proving my point that massa is the worst top runner (only one who relaly showed us that he couldn'nt handle no TC as his aggressive 'stomping pedal' driving style got him to mess up in the first corner. props for bourdais. good finish by rosberg...

Its gonna be a bad season, the ##### man's gonna pull away
Hello prick, whats the colour of the mans skin got to do with it you biggot?

Thank you for your support.

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 17 Mar 2008, 09:30

no need to be racist here...

whats everyones problem with piquet? someone earlier said renault made a mistake having him and losing kovalainen... do you all forget kovalainen's first race at melbourne lat year, he was hopeless.. give piquet a chance i think he will blossom!

goodluck to him.

massa unfortunantly didnt his reputation any favours when he oversteered into the barrier on the first corner, i think he makes mistakes but he is still very talented.

no one has answered who they think was at fault. Coulthard or Massa?

it was a long heated debate between a friend and i when we were there so id lik to see other peoples interpretation.
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 17 Mar 2008, 09:35

farscope wrote:
Guapo83 wrote:It was so great today. Alonso and Bourdais was the best drivers.
Alonso got lucky heiki just gave him 4 but sebas great race in last year STR2
yes, he got a SC and pit lane closed when he was to enter pit. When open it again, he only had 200gr of fuel. And when third SC, he was at the end of the race after pit. What's so lucky!!!!!!

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 17 Mar 2008, 13:26

There is so much pain in this world. Ferrari was absolutely rubbish. Both drivers make so much
silly mistakes. Well, I understand that is the first race of the year, but Kimi and Filipe acted like
it's their first race ever! :sad:
I can feel Ferrari feel the same as McLaren in Brazil 2007 - everything got wrong.
Lewis was fantastic, Heikki pushed the wrong button on Mclaren's steering wheel - hey, there is something about that part...

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 17 Mar 2008, 13:38

Unlucky guys:
I'm really sorry for Kimi, after his fantastic start - so unlucky. (his "gravel trip" - entirely his fault though).
Bourdais - can't even imagine bad luck like that.
Kubi - got fuc&ed up twice - first by his own team (topped him w/fuel on graining softs, after strong start) and second by bonehead Nakajima - would have been 4th at least in the race.
Kova - so silly mistake with speed limiter, he was faster than Alonso.

Lucky guys:
Nick - 2nd spot was given to him, although his race was strong and calculated properly.
Rosberg - see above
Alonso - you know why
Idiot Nakajima.

dave074
car driver
car driver

Post by dave074 » 17 Mar 2008, 14:02

That was an incredible season opener. I think the loss of TC and engine braking should really highlight driver skill, and hopefully it will give drivers in lesser cars a chance to shine. Back in the day we saw Senna and Schumi manhandle slower cars to podiums and victories, I am hoping that what we saw Bourdais almost do to day means that we may see a return to this sort of thing.

And OMG, what is that first wet race going to be like......TOTAL CARNAGE and TOTAL SKILL WILL PREVAIL!

Once we get slicks back we should be back to the great racing of the 80's and 90's! I can't wait for the next race.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” -Ernest Hemingway

sampras25
car driver
car driver

Post by sampras25 » 17 Mar 2008, 15:14

Well, it was a good race with all the ingredients for more.
I predict that Hamilton is the new world champion of 2008.
Not only because of his drivingskills, but more of the fact that ferrari doesn`t have their act right this year. I think that BMW-Sauber will take the second place this year.
After Australia i don`t know where to put ferrari.
It`s a shame for ferrari because of the 2 DNF`s due to engine failure, which is very rare for ferrari. Hopefully it`s not the new ECU made by a company of the Mclaren Group that caused the problems this weekend otherwise we may see something bigger than the spy-scandal of last year.