Whitmarsh says Button contract for three years

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jenson Button. Photo credit: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jenson Button's new contract at McLaren is for three years, Martin Whitmarsh let slip last weekend.

Previously, the team and driver were willing only to divulge that they recently inked a new "multi year" agreement.

But, perhaps inadvertently, team boss Martin Whitmarsh said in India that the contract will see the 2009 world champion in a silver car through 2014.

During a television interview after Sunday's race, he was asked about Button's current run of good form.

"Let's hope it continues like that as we have another three exciting years with him to go," Whitmarsh is quoted as saying in German-language reports.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.