Vettel hits out at fake social media profiles

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sebastien Vettel. Photo credit: Red Bull GEPA

Sebastian Vettel has dealt a blow to his thousands of fans on social media sites Twitter and Facebook.

The reigning world champion told Germany's Bild newspaper: "It's not me. I am not on Facebook or Twitter.

"I prefer to have personal contact with the fans, for example in the autograph signings."

The report said there are more than a dozen apparently 'official' Facebook and Twitter profiles for the 24-year-old Red Bull driver, the most with almost 600,000 fans.

Bild added that Vettel is bidding to have the fake accounts removed.

The fraudulent profiles could explain a rumour earlier this week that Vettel has bought a mansion in his hometown Heppenheim for EUR 1.5 million.

"I looked at the house but didn't buy it," said the German, who lives in Switzerland.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.