Vettel extends Red Bull deal through 2016

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sebastian Vettel has extended his contract with Red Bull to the end of the 2016 season, according to Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.

Previously committed to the energy drink-owned squad only to the end of next year, the report said the reigning triple world champion has now inked an extension for 2015 with an 'option' for the following season as well.

The report said team boss Christian Horner admitted the news to a small group of insiders in Melbourne.

Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko said: "I can't imagine Horner said something like that."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.

On this day
  • Jody Scheckter won the 1979 Monaco Grand Prix.
  • Fernando Alonso won the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix.
  • Michael Schumacher won the 2001 Monaco Grand Prix.
  • Ayrton Senna won the 1990 Monaco Grand Prix.
  • Juan Manuel Fangio won the 1951 Swiss Grand Prix.
  • Mark Webber won the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix.