Verstappen frustrated by information overload

By on Sunday, June 28, 2015
Red Bull/Getty Images

Red Bull/Getty Images

Toro Rosso youngster Max Verstappen says Formula 1 needs to go back to basis, claiming that drivers are having to focus too much on technical information.

Verstappen vaulted from karting to Formula 1 -via Formula 3 - in the space of just over 12 months and in conversation with Bernie Ecclestone, published on the official Formula 1 website, Verstappen says that the technical detail is too much.

"Even for us young drivers the amount of technical stuff is too much," he said.

"I would say that right now only 20 percent is occupied with racing, and the vast majority of the remaining 80 percent with watching over the technical stuff. Do you know what I do to escape that?

"I tell my engineers that they should not overload me with information.

"We are getting way too much info in the cockpit. Sometimes I switch off the display in my car! I want to rely on my gut feeling. Isn’t that what made great race drivers in the end?"


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.