Vergne disappointed by Q2 exit

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014
Red Bull/Getty Images

Red Bull/Getty Images

Toro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne expressed his disappointment after being unable to progress through to the top 10 shootout in Bahrain.

Vergne qualified inside the top 10 in both Australia and Malaysia but managed only 13th on the grid in Bahrain.

"I am a little bit disappointed and also surprised with only making it to Q2, because we were fast enough to get into Q3 looking at how the rest of the weekend went so far," he said.

"But unfortunately the others were faster and we didn’t manage to improve enough so it wasn’t a very satisfying Qualifying session. We will have a look at this tonight and hopefully we can have another strong race tomorrow."

Team-mate Daniil Kvyat was 14th fastest and reckons he was down in power in his STR9.

"Today the team did again a very good job to give me a car that was more suitable for me and I had a good feeling in Q2," he said.

"We made a good step forward compared to yesterday, even though I felt down in power and we will have to investigate the reasons for this. Anyway, we have to stay positive, also because starting 14th on the grid is not too bad and everything is possible. We just have to keep our head down and stay focused."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.