Valencia not keen on F1 alternation idea

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

European grand prix promoter Jorge Martinez Aspar has denied reports Valencia is open to alternating its F1 race with Barcelona.

The port city's sport minister said last week that the Valencia government would honour its existing contract to 2014 and then extend the deal "in the best conditions".

It has been suggested for some time that, amid the ever-expanding F1 calendar, Spain will have to follow Germany in annually alternating a single race date between its two existing venues.

But Valencia race promoter Aspar, of Valmor Sports, told Onda Cero radio: "We are not developing the alternating with Barcelona.

"If they (Barcelona) are there, wonderful, but we want to have this grand prix. The sharing would not be good for them or for us."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.