أرشيف وسم ‘ website ’

Posted on Friday, December 7, 2012

Ecclestone regrets damage to Schumacher's legend

Bernie Ecclestone has said that it is a shame that F1's 'new' fans will view Michael Schumacher in a different light due to his comeback

Posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Marussia not offered 2013 Concorde Agreement deal

Marussia is the only team on the official 2013 entry list that is yet to be offered a new Concorde Agreement deal. The German website motorsport-total.com reports that the news could be particularly bad for the Russian-owned British backmarker, as Bernie Ecclestone is apparently considering scrapping the so-called 'column 3' benefits for the sport's new teams that debuted in 2010. Presumably, Ecclestone wants to scrap the column-3 entitlements because Caterham has moved into a higher status due to regularly finishing tenth in the constructors' world […]

Posted on Saturday, December 1, 2012

F1 could return to Turkey

Moves are afoot to revive the defunct Turkish grand prix. Formula One raced at the Hermann Tilke-penned Istanbul Park - featuring the famous four-apex Turn 8 corner - between 2005 and 2011. Bernie Ecclestone and race organisers could not agree a new race fee for 2012 and beyond. But late last week, British journalist Bob Mackenzie, of the Daily Express, revealed that the F1 chief executive is "pushing for a return" of the Turkish event, "after ruling out a French race". Greek website gocar.gr said […]

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kobayashi raises over EUR 600,000 for 2013 seat

Kamui Kobayashi has already raised more than EUR 600,000 as he bids to pay for a Formula One seat in 2013. Having lost his Sauber seat, the Japanese set up a website asking for donations from his fans. He wrote on Twitter on Tuesday that, in the first few days of the kamui-support.com website being live, he has already raised much more than half a million euros. "Thanks so kindly for the support," Kobayashi wrote in Japanese.

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kobayashi asks fans for money to save F1 career

Kamui Kobayashi is hoping a new website will help him raise the money to stay in Formula One beyond Sunday's Brazilian grand prix. Sauber announced on Friday that it will pair Nico Hulkenberg with the Telmex-backed Mexican rookie Esteban Gutierrez in 2013. "I think if a driver deserves to be in Formula One he's definitely one of them and I hope he can get support from Japanese companies and stay in the sport," Monisha Kaltenborn, admitting the decision to oust Kobayashi was "tough", said in […]

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012

Lotus starting to use new driver simulator

Lotus is finally getting up-and-running with a state of the art driver simulator, the Dutch website formule1.nl reports. Romain Grosjean said he got his first taste of the new technology whilst preparing recently for Austin's brand new Circuit of the Americas layout. "I spent half a day in the simulator," said the Frenchman. "There are still some things to be improved, because we are only now starting to use it, but if it works properly it will be of great value," added Grosjean.

Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Raikkonen to complete comeback with perfect record

Kimi Raikkonen looks set to be the first driver since Nick Heidfeld in 2008 (BMW) to finish every race in a complete Formula One season. The Finn's rare feat, delivering him an almost certain third in the drivers' points standings, has coincided with his return to the sport with Lotus after a two-year rallying hiatus. "Our record shows that the team can build a reliable car and that I know how to drive it," said Raikkonen. Meanwhile, the former McLaren and Ferrari driver gave the […]

Posted on Friday, November 16, 2012

Kimi Raikkonen happy to continue racing

Kimi Raikkonen has said that he is enjoying Formula One, but doesn't know what 2014 will hold. Raikkonen returned to F1 with Lotus at the start of this season and will remain with the team for 2013. "I hope that we will have a good car - and the indications point in that direction. It will be a bit easier to start into the season because now we know what to expect from each other in the team", he told the Official F1 website. "So […]

Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Vettel hits back over Abu Dhabi swearing

Sebastian Vettel has hit back at those criticising him and Kimi Raikkonen after swearing on the podium in Abu Dhabi. Vettel and Raikkonen both used expletives when answering questions posed by David Coulthard, with the FIA subsequently deeming the use of language unacceptable. But the reigning champion thinks the incident has been blown out of proportion. "I think if you are sensitive then you should watch some kids' programme. You have the remote control in your hand. It was not intentional in the last race", he […]

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pirelli names Sutil, Kobayashi as F1 tester candidates

Paul Hembery has named a trio of potential candidates to be F1 tyre supplier Pirelli's test driver in 2013. The Briton, who is the head of the Italian marque's F1 programme, confirmed that Brazilian Lucas di Grassi's testing contract runs to the end of next year. "Lucas does a great job for us. After next year his continuation depends on our decision to stay or not in 2013," Hembery told Brazil's Totalrace. Jaime Alguersuari was the other Pirelli tester in 2012, but the former Toro […]

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vettel hits back at Alonso's 'Newey' jibes

Sebastian Vettel has hit back at championship rival Fernando Alonso's claim that the Ferrari driver is really fighting against Red Bull's renowned designer Adrian Newey. Watching his title hopes slip further under the wheels of Vettel's dominance in India, Ferrari's Alonso said after qualifying: "When we had similar cars to everyone, we were leading the championship. "Now we are fighting against a Newey car," he added, in English. "They are first and second all the time; it's not only Sebastian." Alonso's comments were not just […]

Posted on Friday, October 26, 2012

Domenicali denies political statement

Stefano Domenicali has refused to be drawn on comments that Ferrari is making a political statement in India this weekend. The Italian team is running the Italian navy flag on the nosecone of the F2012 this weekend to pay tribute to the organisation - and allegedly help speed up a diplomatic process involving two Italian sailors who were charged with causing fatal injuries to two Indian fishermen. A statement on Ferrari's website said that 'Ferrari pays tribute to one of the outstanding entities of our […]