أرشيف وسم ‘ Vijay Mallya ’

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mallya confirms Force India part-sale

Sahara India Pariwar, a leading promoter and patron of sports in India, today announced an equity investment in the Force India Formula One Team, India’s only F1 team. Subsequent to subscribing to new shares, Sahara India Pariwar will be investing approximately USD 100 mn into the Force India Formula One Team. With this investment both the Sahara India Pariwar and Dr. Mallya will own 42.5% each in the team. The Mol family’s equity will be at 15%. The new logo of the Sahara Force India […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reports insist Mallya selling Force India

Reports that Vijay Mallya is selling his formula one team Force India will not go away. When the original reports emerged last week, the Indian billionaire issued two strident denials. "No question of my getting out of Force India," he said, when the Asian Age newspaper cited sources that said the buyer is Indian conglomerate Sahara, with a deal "on the verge of being finalised". And in a vehement media statement, Mallya later added: "I was shocked to read a media report that I am […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sutil and Heidfeld hope for F1 seats in 2012

As Sebastian Vettel drinks in his unprecedented success, two of his German countrymen are hoping simply for a place on the 2012 grid. Adrian Sutil has been with Force India since the Silverstone based team's Spyker days, but speculation is mounting that Vijay Mallya is planning to pair Paul di Resta with Nico Hulkenberg next year. "I still have no contract (for 2012)," the German newsmagazine Focus quotes the 28-year-old as saying this week. "For sure we'll have a meeting soon," Sutil, referring to his […]

Posted on Friday, October 7, 2011

Barrichello and Sutil still in dark over 2012 seats

As the 2011 season nears its end, two veterans remain in the dark as to whether their careers will extend beyond November's Brazil finale. Force India's Vijay Mallya is refusing to lift the lid on his 2012 driver plans until mid December, and so German Adrian Sutil told the SID news agency that he hopes his forthcoming performances will do the talking. "Anything other than points finishes are not interesting," said Sutil, who has been with the Silverstone based team since his debut five years […]

Posted on Friday, October 7, 2011

Sources say Mallya selling Force India

Force India may be close to being sold, according to reports. The speculation comes after team owner Vijay Mallya recently decided to close his low-cost airline Kingfisher Red. Citing "sources", the Asian Age now reports that the Indian billionaire is now "planning to sell" his Silverstone based formula one team. Linked with buying the team is Indian business conglomerate Sahara India, which already owns a premier league cricket team and sponsors the Indian cricket and hockey national teams. "Sources say the deal is on the […]

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011

Karthikeyan rules out Force India future

Narain Karthikeyan has ruled out reviving his formula one career with a seat at Force India. The Indian will reacclimatise to the cockpit of the HRT car this weekend in Singapore, almost three months after losing his race drive to Daniel Ricciardo. Karthikeyan, 34, will be driving in the first Friday practice session before returning to the grid in his native India next month, but for 2012 his future is clouded. He told The National newspaper in Singapore that he will not be creating an […]

Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Force India is Hulkenberg's only chance

Force India is Nico Hulkenberg's only chance to return to the formula one grid in 2012. Last year's impressive Williams rookie had to settle for the reserve role at Force India in 2011, including the opportunity to practice on most Friday mornings. With current race lineup Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta also in the running for next season, team owner and boss Vijay Mallya has said he will not make a decision about 2012 until mid December. German Hulkenberg, 24, therefore said on Twitter […]

Posted on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Di Resta says 2012 decision due later

Sep.8 (GMM) A decision about Paul di Resta's future will only be taken "later in the year", the impressive Scottish rookie said on Thursday.

Force India's Vijay Mallya has an option on the 25-year-old for 2012 and talks with di Resta's manager Anthon...

Posted on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sutil, Hulkenberg vie for Force India race seat

Sep.3 (GMM) Adrian Sutil has revealed his "first contact" about the 2012 season will be Force India.

The 28-year-old German has always raced in F1 for the Silverstone based team, through its various guises since 2007 as Spyker, Midland and now Vijay ...

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hulkenberg waiting for Force India decision

Nico Hulkenberg says he is happy for now to wait until mid December to know if he will be on the 2012 grid. Force India boss Vijay Mallya said recently he will decide around December 15 about the Silverstone based team's race driver lineup for next season. Chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer was quoted on Friday as saying reserve driver Hulkenberg, as well as current racers Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta, are in the running for the two seats. It is rumoured however that […]

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coulthard tips di Resta to replace Schumacher

David Coulthard has backed his countryman Paul di Resta as the ideal replacement for Michael Schumacher. Recent reports have suggested Coulthard's former rival Schumacher, who races for Mercedes, could return to retirement next year after a disappointing two-season formula one comeback. Scot di Resta, currently a race rookie for Mercedes-powered Force India, is the front-runner for the seat. "Unquestionably for me that would be the perfect scenario," 13-time grand prix winner Coulthard, also a Red Bull consultant and BBC commentator, told stv.tv. "Not that I […]

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Delhi circuit not 100% ready for F1

Vijay Mallya has admitted the new Buddh circuit in New Delhi might not be completed by the time of October's inaugural Indian grand prix. But the billionaire, India's FIA representative and also owner and boss of the Force India team, insists the event will go ahead anyway. It has emerged that the homologation inspection of the venue, originally scheduled for the first week of August, will now take place on September 1. Indian official Vicky Chandhok insisted the delayed date is for "purely administrative reasons" […]