أرشيف وسم ‘ Vijay Mallya ’

Posted on Monday, August 5, 2013

'Loyal' Sutil uncertain of Formula 1 future

Adrian Sutil concedes he does not know whether he will be racing in Formula 1 next season. Sutil, 30, returned to the sport this year after a sabbatical in 2012, when he was charged with assaulting Lotus CEO Eric Lux. Sutil is currently in eleventh place in the championship, with a best finish of fifth in Monaco. Sutil has started 100 races in Formula 1, all for the team based at Silverstone, in current guise Force India and formerly Spyker. "I am now half a […]

Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013

Force India targeting consistency with speed

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya admits that his team needs to find consistency to build on a positive start to the 2013 season. The Silverstone based squad sits in fifth place in the championship, but Adrian Sutil has not scored a point since the opening round in Australia. Both cars were affected by wheel nut errors in Malaysia, while Sutil suffered a delay of a minute in the pits in Spain. The German was also hit by rivals in China and Bahrain. "We’ve scored […]

Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mallya praises di Resta maturity

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya has praised lead driver Paul di Resta after a strong start to the 2013 campaign. Di Resta finished in fourth place in Bahrain, equalling his best ever Formula 1 result. "Overall the balance is extremely positive for Sahara Force India with our best ever start to a season," said Mallya. "In terms of points scored we are nine points up compared to last year and we’ve been up at the sharp end fighting with the big teams." "The performances […]

Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Force India confident of strong result in Bahrain

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya believes his team's previous form at Sakhir gives them reasons to be optimistic for this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. Paul di Resta finished last year's Bahrain Grand Prix in sixth place as he pulled off a two stop strategy. "Last year we had an excellent result with Paul finishing sixth," Mallya said of the Bahrain Grand Prix. "This track, with its high temperature and smooth surface, has generally suited our car and we hope this will be the case […]

Posted on Monday, April 8, 2013

Di Resta aiming to stay ahead of McLaren

Force India driver Paul di Resta believes that staying ahead of McLaren should be their target during this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. Force India scored 10 points in the Australian Grand Prix but suffered from a wheel nut issue in Malaysia which forced both cars out of the race. "We were unlucky not to get any points in Malaysia, but we can take some positives from the performance we showed on the track," said di Resta. "We looked to be one of the fastest cars […]

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Force India secures 2014 Mercedes deal

Force India has confirmed that Mercedes-Benz will supply them with Power Units from 2014

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Force India hoping to build on encouraging start

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya is confident that his cars can score points in this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix. Adrian Sutil led in Australia before finishing in seventh place, narrowly ahead of the sister car of Paul di Resta. "We have scored points in Sepang the last three times we raced there, including a double-points finish last year, and I believe we can build on the early-season momentum to bring home a valuable result," he said. "Last weekend’s race in Melbourne was a great […]

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Force India confident Sutil is right choice

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya says he is certain that re-signing Adrian Sutil is the correct choice for his team. Sutil raced for the Silverstone based team between 2007 and 2011 but was replaced for 2012 in favour of Nico Hulkenberg. "I am very happy about our driver line-up and I am particularly delighted to welcome Adrian back to the team," said Mallya. "Over the winter we thought long and hard about the decision, but I’m sure we have made the right choice. Adrian is […]

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Adrian Sutil completes Force India’s 2013 line-up

Sahara Force India have announced that Adrian Sutil will complete its driver line-up for the 2013 season. The 30-year-old German will race alongside Paul Di Resta, recreating the successful partnership that raced together during the 2011 season. The 2013 campaign will be Adrian’s fifth racing season in the colours of Sahara Force India and his sixth year of Formula One competition. Adrian will test for the team this week in Barcelona, driving on Friday and Saturday. Paul Di Resta will be back in the car […]

Posted on Friday, February 1, 2013

Force India unveils the VJM06 at Silverstone

Sahara Force India unveiled its 2013 challenger today as Paul Di Resta pulled the covers off the VJM06 at Silverstone circuit. The VJM06 is the third car to be overseen by Technical Director, Andrew Green, and builds on the strengths of the 2012 car. With stable technical rules the car is more evolution than revolution with the removal of the ‘step’ nose being the most obvious visual change. “The VJM06 doesn’t look massively different to its predecessor, but beneath the skin we’ve looked at every […]

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013

No financial difficulties at Force India

Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley has insisted that there are no financial difficulties at the team. Rumours on Friday suggested that the Silverstone based team was struggling ahead of the new season. "There is absolutely no substance to it," Fernley told Autosport. "Our shareholder Vijay and Sahara are incredibly strong." "And all that is going ahead and moving forward. For the last four years, coming now to our fifth year, the team has been financed without any dependence on the shareholders' companies that they […]

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Force India driver wait surprises di Resta

Force India's Paul di Resta has said that he is surprised that the team has yet to announce their second driver for 2013. Nico Hulkenberg left the team for Sauber at the end of 2012, with several names - including former driver Adrian Sutil and reserve Jules Bianchi - being linked to the vacant seat. "I am surprised there has been nothing yet. The team have said they will announce it in good time as to where they are going to be, and I have […]