أرشيف وسم ‘ results ’

Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ferrari hits out at Mercedes verdict

Ferrari's 'Horse Whisperer' column has expressed their dissatisfaction with the penalty handed out to Mercedes by the International Tribunal. Mercedes received a reprimand and has been banned from taking part in July's three day young driver test at Silverstone. Ferrari has not made an official comment regarding the verdict of the International Tribunal, but under a column entitled 'Crime and Punishment (but make it a light one)', the 'Horse Whisperer' expressed confusion over the decision. "We learned, that even if one is guilty and in […]

Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Raikkonen expecting Lotus fightback at Silverstone

Kimi Raikkonen is expecting his Lotus team to fight back following a couple of disappointing races in Monaco and Canada. Lotus collected only three points from two races - courtesy of Raikkonen - and slipped back in both championships. "The last couple of races have been more a question of surviving not attacking and that’s not what anyone wants. That said, Monaco and Montréal are both street circuits; they’re quite different from a lot of tracks we visit and there are quite a lot of […]

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Massa: Mercedes will be tough to beat

Ferrari's Felipe Massa thinks that overhauling Mercedes will be a difficult proposition in qualifying, but believes they will be able to fight with them. Nico Rosberg set the quickest time in both practice sessions in Monaco. "The weekend has got off on the right foot, the car behaved well and I managed to find a good pace," said the Brazilian. "I finished in the top five in both sessions, which is important in such an unpredictable event as the Monaco Grand Prix. However, we are […]

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

McLaren happy with Perez and Button

McLaren is not looking to change its driver lineup, team boss Martin Whitmarsh said this week. The Woking based team is happy with the highly experienced Jenson Button, but admitted last week it can't be sure the 33-year-old will still be around for the new Honda era beginning in 2015. "It's more a question of hoping he will still be here in 2015," said managing director Jonathan Neale. Less certain has been the future of Sergio Perez, who joined McLaren this year to replace the […]

Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

McLaren-Honda a 'bedrock' for long term success

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh says that switching from Mercedes to Honda engines cements their position as one of the big teams. McLaren announced last week that they would be using Honda engines once their current deal with Mercedes expires at the end of 2014. "I think what is very clear is that McLaren needs to be supported and teamed in a full works effort with a major automotive manufacturer," Whitmarsh said during a Vodafone phone-in. "There is a lot of work between 2014 and […]

Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013

Van der Garde: Monaco is an opportunity

Giedo van der Garde says the Monaco Grand Prix could provide Caterham with a chance of getting close to the top 10. Caterham is currently behind Marussia in the Constructors Championship but a twelfth place finish for either Van der Garde or Charles Pic in Monte Carlo would move the team ahead of their rivals. "Monaco’s also a place where the smaller teams, like us, can do something special. It’s a shorter lap than many of the other tracks we race on, and everyone has […]

Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013

Force India targeting consistency with speed

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya admits that his team needs to find consistency to build on a positive start to the 2013 season. The Silverstone based squad sits in fifth place in the championship, but Adrian Sutil has not scored a point since the opening round in Australia. Both cars were affected by wheel nut errors in Malaysia, while Sutil suffered a delay of a minute in the pits in Spain. The German was also hit by rivals in China and Bahrain. "We’ve scored […]

Posted on Monday, May 6, 2013

Raikkonen is the perfect teammate for Vettel says Coulthard

Dr Helmut Marko has admitted he can understand Mercedes' efforts to woo triple world champion Sebastian Vettel from Red Bull. Speaking to Germany's Bild am Sonntag newspaper, Niki Lauda admitted he has been trying to convince Vettel to join Mercedes, whose current drivers are Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. "I continued what (former motor sport director Norbert) Haug began," said Lauda, Mercedes' new chairman and shareholder. Fellow Austrian Marko, who is Red Bull's F1 consultant, insisted he has no hard feelings. "Niki should absolutely be […]

Posted on Monday, May 6, 2013

Sauber not considering Gutierrez axe

Peter Sauber has played down suggestions the Swiss team might be considering ousting underperforming rookie Esteban Gutierrez. Having fielded Sergio Perez alongside Kamui Kobayashi last year, Sauber is running an all-new driver lineup in 2013. Peter Sauber, the Hinwil based team's founder, said he is happy with Nico Hulkenberg. "He has brought exactly what we expected him to," he told the Swiss newspaper Blick. "He is not only quick but also consistent, and provides the engineers with valuable information. "It's up to us now to […]

Posted on Friday, May 3, 2013

Raikkonen urges Lotus to 'work twice as hard'

Kimi Raikkonen has said that Lotus must work 'twice as hard' as the leaders if they are to catch Sebastian Vettel. Raikkonen sits in second place in the championship, 10 points shy of Vettel. "For sure it’s an okay start and we’re in a better position that this time last year, but there’s a long season ahead and it’s too early to say if we can fight for the Championships right to the end. It’s going to be hard to catch Sebastian [Vettel] if he […]

Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rossi gets Canada practice run

Caterham reserve driver Alexander Rossi will test for the team in first practice at the Canadian Grand Prix next month. Rossi was due to drive in Bahrain but was called up to Caterham's GP2 team, postponing his run. "The weekends that I'm not doing GP2 I'll be looking to be drive the F1 car in Friday practice sessions and that will start in Montreal, he told ESPN. "Beyond that I'll be doing at least one more, and possibly others, but it's hard to say exactly […]

Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ricciardo moves into pole for Webber's seat

Daniel Ricciardo has moved into pole position to succeed his Australian compatriot Mark Webber at Red Bull next year. Particularly in the wake of the 'Multi-21' affair and subsequent rumours that Webber could sign for Porsche's Le Mans effort, the signs that Sebastian Vettel will have a new teammate in 2014 have been growing. The early favourite was Kimi Raikkonen, but Red Bull's driver manager Dr Helmut Marko insists he is in "no hurry" to make a decision. "Many drivers want to drive for Red […]