أرشيف وسم ‘ Milton Keynes ’

Posted on Saturday, June 9, 2012

FIA tells Red Bull to change brake cooling design

The widely-reported 'floor holes' were not the only technical feature on Red Bull's 2012 car to have caught the FIA's attention recently. The reigning world champions were told by F1's governing body after Monaco that its floor design does not comply with a new directive issued by Charlie Whiting. But Auto Motor und Sport reports that the energy drink-owned team has had to make yet another modification. "The FIA has discovered another illegal detail on the Red Bull," the German report said on Friday. The […]

Posted on Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Red Bull wants Canada to complete perfect record

Red Bull sees this weekend's Canadian grand prix as a chance to set its almost perfect record straight. Of the 20 circuits on the 2012 calendar, the energy drink owned team has won at all of them with the exception of newcomer Austin -- and Montreal. Sebastian Vettel came close a year ago, succumbing to Jenson Button's challenge only on the very last lap. "I led every lap until part of the last one," the reigning world champion ruefully recalled. Team boss Christian Horner told […]

Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wrong setup direction made qualifying difficult for Vettel

Reigning World Champion Sebastian Vettel suffered a difficult qualifying session for the Monaco Grand Prix, after apparently taking a step in the wrong direction in setup for qualifying. Whereas his team-mate Mark Webber qualified 2nd and will therefore start on pole after Schumacher’s penalty, Vettel will start the race from 9th after not setting a time in Q3. The Monte-Carlo street circuit has been a happy hunting ground for Red Bull in recent years, with the Milton Keynes-based outfit winning the last two Monaco Grands […]

Posted on Monday, April 2, 2012

Brundle: Struggling Red Bull the biggest surprise of 2012

Martin Brundle has described Red Bull's lack of pace as the biggest surprise of the 2012 season so far. After consecutive world championships with Sebastian Vettel, the energy drink-owned team was universally tipped as the pre-season favourite for yet another F1 title. But McLaren dominated in Australia before Ferrari and Sauber surprisingly set the pace recently in Malaysia. Former F1 driver Brundle admitted the struggling RB8 was the surprise of the opening salvo in 2012, but he also acknowledged that the turnaround might have been […]

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012

Red Bull Barcelona Day 4

BARCELONA TEST – DAY FOUR Driver: Mark Webber Car: RB8 Laps: 85 laps Best time: 1:23.774 Circuit length: 4.655km Fastest lap: K. Kobayashi (1:22.312) After completing a full race simulation yesterday, Mark Webber rounded off Red Bull Racing’s second week of testing with the RB8 by completing the week’s programme of development work with the new car. Mark said: “Today we got through a lot of stuff! We tested a lot of elements and everything worked well, especially since we had such a big programme. […]

Posted on Monday, February 6, 2012

Red Bull unveils the RB8

The 2012 Red Bull Racing RB8 which will contest this year’s Formula One campaign and defend the team’s - and Sebastian Vettel’s – world titles is unveiled at the Factoy in Milton Keynes. The reigning champions unveiled the car in which Sebastian Vettel will push for a third consecutive drivers' title, and like most other models seen so far in 2012, it has a controversial 'stepped nose'. Designer Adrian Newey said the car is yet another evolution of the 2009 model, the RB5. "We've kept […]

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sainz Jr races under Red Bull spotlight

With Red Bull juniors Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne stepping up for 2012, the spotlight is set to fall on the energy drink company's next young hopeful. That youngster is Carlos Sainz Jr, the 17-year-old son of the Spanish world rally legend. Sainz Jr is now the cream of Red Bull's junior driver programme, and this week is heading to Milton Keynes to drive the F1 team's state-of-the-art driver simulator, Spanish sports newspaper Marca reports. Also in the spotlight this year is Russian 17-year-old Kaniil […]

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Buemi learned he was fired while in simulator

Twenty-four hours after the news broke that both Sebastien Buemi and his teammate Jaime Alguersuari will not be retained by Toro Rosso next season, Buemi broke his silence in an interview with Swiss website 24heures.ch. Red Bull's sister team made a shock announcement on Wednesday by confirming Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo as their drivers for 2012, ousting Buemi and Alguersuari in the process. The Spanish driver was quick to respond in the hours following the announcement, calling the decision "completely incomprehensible." Buemi revealed that […]

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Red Bull to launch 2012 car on February 5

The car in which Sebastian Vettel will push for an ultra-rare triple back-to-back world championship will be launched on February 5. That is the claim of France's Auto Hebdo, with the autohebdo.fr website saying the official unveiling of the 2012 Red Bull will take place at the energy drink-owned team's Milton Keynes headquarters. February 5 is two days before the first official test of the 2012 pre-season kicks off at Jerez, and the RB8's designer Adrian Newey has revealed the intention is to take the […]

Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Horner talks peace ahead of Monday FOTA meeting

Red Bull has not ruled out patching up its off-track quarrel with rival Formula 1 teams. The reigning and back-to-back world champions have pulled out of the F1 teams' alliance FOTA, essentially over the debate about the gentleman's cost-limiting 'resource restriction agreement'. Subsequent meetings have taken place in the absence of Red Bull and fellow new non-FOTA members Ferrari, Ferrari-powered Sauber and Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso, indicating a worrying political split ahead of the crucial negotiations for the next Concorde Agreement. But team […]

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011

60,000 in Milton Keynes to see Red Bull event

More than 60,000 F1 fans lined the streets of Milton Keynes today (Saturday) to see World Champion Sebastian Vettel, team-mate Mark Webber, David Coulthard, Christian Horner and Adrian Newey. The world champions had not one but two Red Bull Racing cars scream up and down Midsummer Boulevard, and the F1 racers were joined by David Coulthard in our Nascar Showcar and stunt supremo Chris Pfeiffer provided the madcap, two-wheel entertainment. Vettel said: "Thanks to all the fans who came today, we wanted to put on […]

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vettel offered to pay for new Suzuka wing

Sebastian Vettel offered to pay for the delivery of a brand new front wing from Red Bull's British factory to Japan last weekend. The team travelled to Japan with only two versions of the new wing; one for Vettel and the other for his teammate Mark Webber's sister car. The German damaged his with a crash in Friday practice. But because it was the driver's mistake and not the team's, boss Christian Horner never contemplated taking the wing from Webber despite the fact Vettel was […]