أرشيف وسم ‘ link ’

Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mercedes designing 'completely new' 2013 car

Mercedes is working on a "completely new car" for the 2013 season, Niki Lauda has revealed. Lauda, the F1 legend and triple world champion, is Mercedes' brand new non-executive chairman -- the main link between the Stuttgart carmaker and the Ross Brawn-led, UK-based team. With this year's W03, Nico Rosberg won in Shanghai and Michael Schumacher lapped the quickest in qualifying at Monaco, but otherwise the silver machine has often been a disappointment. With the regulations staying essentially stable next year, ahead of the radical […]

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012

Raikkonen says Spanish conspiracy theory 'rubbish'

Kimi Raikkonen has dismissed as "rubbish" a conspiracy theory about Fernando Alonso's retirement from recent grands prix. A Spanish newspaper correspondent said last week he saw a possible link between the fact Lotus drivers Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean were involved in the incidents that knocked former runaway championship leader Alonso out of the races at Suzuka and Spa respectively. The reporter also recalled that it was Renault's Vitaly Petrov who blocked Alonso at the 2010 world championship finale, with all three incidents helping the similarly […]

Posted on Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Willi Weber can't imagine Schumacher at Sauber

Michael Schumacher's famous former manager has advised the seven time world champion to finally quit Formula One for good. Having recently negotiated the great German's latest personal sponsorship deal, Willi Weber made headlines by announcing that - if he was still in charge - he would travel to Maranello for a chat with Luca di Montezemolo. In the wake of Mercedes' decision to overlook Schumacher for a 2013 seat, that triggered real speculation that the 43-year-old could return to Ferrari next year to replace Felipe […]

Posted on Monday, October 1, 2012

Perez now managed by Indycar's Adrian Fernandez

2013 McLaren driver Sergio Perez is being managed by former Indycar driver and fellow Mexican Adrian Fernandez. McLaren, who have signed current Sauber driver Perez to replace Lewis Hamilton, confirmed the 22-year-old's professional link to Fernandez, 47. Fernandez - an owner of racing teams as well - has also been backed through his career by Perez's sponsor Telmex, but Fernandez denied Perez is still a "pay driver". "He is not bringing money to the (McLaren) team," he insisted. Switzerland's Blick newspaper estimated Perez's new three-year […]

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Media muzzle won't stop Hamilton future rumours

Lewis Hamilton is no longer talking about his future. Earlier in Singapore, the Briton drive a McLaren road car for a promotional event, but the team's press officers insisted questions about Hamilton's contract were off-limits. Then, as the 2008 world champion sat down to talk to the media on Thursday, he started by laying down the rules of engagement. "I'm not here to speak about anything apart from the weekend," he told the two-dozen journalists. "I've got no extra news for you so use your […]

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012

Racing surface going down at 2012 US GP track

Organisers of the 2012 US grand prix have begun to lay the crucial racing surface at the brand new Circuit of the Americas. Watching the progress at the bespoke venue in Austin, Texas, was Alexander Rossi, Caterham's 20-year-old Californian test driver. "I was blown away," he told local broadcaster YNN, "I was almost speechless with how impressive it is because seeing it on paper is one thing, but to be able to actually drive around it, and feel the flow of it and the rhythm […]

Posted on Thursday, August 9, 2012

Q&A with Luis Pérez - Sala

With two seasons behind his back as a Formula 1 driver in 1988 and 1989, and a permanent link with motorsport, Luis Pérez-Sala wasn’t entering an unknown world when he was named Team Principal of HRT Formula 1 Team at the end of last year. Pérez-Sala has been at the fore of a project that has experienced a deep transformation in 2012 and, having reached the halfway stage of the season, he assesses what these eight months at the head of the team have been […]

Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Renault working to fix alternator headache

Valencia flagged a major headache for F1 engine supplier Renault. Not only did Lotus' Romain Grosjean break down with a failed alternator, so too did Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel. Initially, it appeared the failures were coincidental, but Germany's Auto Motor und Sport now reports a common link. And, reportedly, Renault now suspects that a problem suffered by Caterham's Vitaly Petrov in Monte Carlo was also similar. The unit is reportedly manufactured in cooperation between Renault and Magneti Marelli. "We don't know what has broken, but […]

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ma Qing Hua to take part in young driver test

In only a month and half’s time, Chinese driver Ma Qing Hua will enjoy his first opportunity to step into a Formula 1 car and will do so at the wheel of the F112 at the legendary Silverstone circuit. The member of the Spanish team’s new-born driver development programme will thereby accomplish one of his first objectives on his road to the pinnacle of motorsport. As opposed to previous years, this season there will be two Young Driver Tests, the traditional one celebrated in Abu […]

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012

Exclusive Interview with Luiz Razia

Arden International's Luiz Razia is currently second in the GP2 championship. Fresh off the back of a win in the sprint race in Spain, he talks to F1Zone.net Q: How has the GP2 season been so far for you? Luiz Razia: Challenging. The most important thing is to keep pushing myself to be on top every session, give 110% every time in the car and create good opportunity to score points every time. Q: What do you think you have to do to overhaul Davide […]

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Karthikeyan not guaranteed full season at HRT

Narain Karthikeyan is not guaranteed his HRT seat for the whole of the 2012 season. Following what the reporter referred to as a 'chat' with the Indian driver, the Times of India claimed Karthikeyan is "a million euros" short of a contract that will see him definitely race through November's Brazil finale. The 35-year-old also began the 2011 season for the struggling Spanish team, but was replaced by the Red Bull-funded Daniel Ricciardo mid-season. The Times of India said securing the extra million in sponsorship […]

Posted on Monday, May 7, 2012

Bahrain could get director on F1 board

Bahrain, the controversial island Kingdom, could have been central to McLaren's decision to agree the terms of the next Concorde Agreement. Bahrain's ruling family, through its investment arm Mumtalakat Holdings, owns half of the famous British team. The Times' F1 correspondent Kevin Eason quoted a source as saying the link "pushed (McLaren's) Concorde deal over the line". In return for signing up, Bahrain reportedly received a "pledge" that last month's highly contentious grand prix would go ahead. Eason also said it is possible that one […]