أرشيف وسم ‘ Karun Chandhok ’

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012

Too many drivers, too few seats

Yes, F1 2012 has a great line-up. But what of those left out and those trying to join in...

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Petrov in talks for Caterham third driver role

Vitaly Petrov is in talks about becoming Caterham's third and reserve driver in 2012. Finland's Turun Sanomat newspaper reports that the Russian's manager, Oksana Kosachenko, visited the former Team Lotus outfit's Hingham (UK) headquarters last week. 27-year-old Petrov has been dropped by Renault (now Lotus) after his first two seasons in the sport. It has been rumoured that the race seat alongside Heikki Kovalainen at Caterham might be up for grabs for 2012, but Turun Sanomat said it is now likely that Jarno Trulli's contract […]

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chandhok may switch team for 2012 Friday role

Karun Chandhok will not necessarily reprise his role as Team Lotus' reserve and occasional 'Friday' practice driver in 2012. The Indian has acknowledged that, after a full season in the role this year, it is unlikely he will step into a race seat ahead of 2012. "It's very difficult to secure a seat in F1 unless you have substantial financial backing," he told the Times of India. It has been expected that Chandhok, 27, will therefore stay in his current role as Team Lotus becomes […]

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011

F1 world adjusts to new surroundings in India

The F1 world is continuing to adjust to its new surroundings in India. Bruno Senna revealed to O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper that he is carrying around in his pocket a bottle of disinfectant. "Each time I greet someone, I use it (on my hands)," said the Brazilian, referring to the risk of food poisoning. Rubens Barrichello, meanwhile, laughed when he revealed that one of his rivals - believed to be Sebastian Vettel - is carrying around a bottle of whiskey. "Someone told him to […]

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011

Ecclestone: F1 should have even more US races

F1 should drop some more European races and replace them with events in the US, Bernie Ecclestone said. The sport's chief executive confirmed to reporters in India that, by 2013, formula one will have three North American races; two in the US and one in Canada. Asked if the New York race endangers the Austin round, he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport: "Not as far as I know. "We used to have three or four races in America, so we need two more. […]

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chandhok: Motor sport not in 'crisis' after deaths

Karun Chandhok has warned motor racing that danger and risk must not be removed entirely. The recent Indycar and MotoGP deaths of Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli respectively has put the spotlight on how to further reduce the danger of premier motor sport. F1 is regarded as much safer than the aforementioned sports, but Team Lotus reserve driver Chandhok insists no form of racing should be completely safe. "Enough element of danger is also involved in F1," he told the Press Trust of India. "But […]

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011

MotoGP rider killed, F1 safe insists Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone is confident formula one remains ahead of the pack in terms of safety. The F1 chief executive was speaking after the death of Indycar driver Dan Wheldon in Las Vegas last week, and before Italian MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli was killed on Sunday in a sickening crash at Sepang. "What a horrible week for our sport," said Team Lotus reserve driver Karun Chandhok late on Sunday. Added his boss Tony Fernandes on Twitter: "People forget how dangerous a sport racing is." Ecclestone told […]

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chandhok lost 26kg to chase F1 dream

Karun Chandhok is today a shadow of the boy who a decade ago dreamed of emulating his heroes. On a trip to Delhi this week, he revealed to the Daily Pioneer that when he left high school he peaked at 96 kilograms. "I was told that if I wanted to race I had to lose weight in order to first fit in the car," said Chandhok, who as Team Lotus' reserve driver is tipped to contest India's inaugural grand prix late next month. "So I […]

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Liuzzi or Ricciardo to sit out India GP?

A month before the first Indian grand prix, F1's complete driver lineup for the Delhi race is not yet clear. At HRT, Narain Karthikeyan's sponsors have paid to put the Indian back in a race car for the country's inaugural F1 event, but who his teammate will be is not publicly known. Karthikeyan began 2011 alongside Vitantonio Liuzzi, whose manager said recently the Italian has a solid contract for every grand prix this season. In the other car now is Daniel Ricciardo, thanks to a […]

Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Concerns still linger over first Indian GP

A month before the inaugural race date, uncertainty still persists about the readiness of India's new Buddh circuit. The FIA's World Motor Sport Council said in Singapore that the organisers and Bernie Ecclestone are giving "positive" briefings about the Delhi venue. "We're very happy, they're doing a good job," the F1 chief executive told the AP news agency on Saturday. But some recent photos in the media told a different story, even though Team Lotus reserve driver Karun Chandhok is the most recent visitor to […]

Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rosberg denied visa for Indian GP

Sep.15 (GMM) Nico Rosberg is reportedly yet to receive a visa to enter India for the country's inaugural formula one grand prix.

That is the claim of the Times of India, revealing that other F1 team members and journalists are experiencing simular di...

Posted on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Delhi terror no problem for F1 - Chandhok

Sep.8 (GMM) Wednesday's terror attack in F1 host city Delhi is no threat to the inaugural Indian grand prix next month.

That is the view of Team Lotus' Indian reserve driver Karun Chandhok, a day after 12 people were killed when a briefcase bomb expl...