أرشيف وسم ‘ Jenson Button ’

Posted on Monday, October 5, 2015

McLaren motivated by Button renewal

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says that the outfit is motivated by the news that Jenson Button will remain with the team into the 2016 campaign. Button's future had been in doubt but last week it was confirmed that he will stay with McLaren, extending his stay with the Honda-powered team into a seventh season. "We confirmed that Jenson will be continuing to race with us next year," Boullier said ahead of the Russian Grand Prix. "The announcements is incredibly motivating for the whole team, […]

Posted on Thursday, October 1, 2015

McLaren confirms Button to stay for 2016

McLaren has ended speculation regarding the future of Jenson Button by confirming that he will remain with the team into 2016. Button's future had been unclear in recent weeks amid suggestion that the 2009 world champion was considering walking away from the sport. Button's contract with McLaren was for two years, with the outfit holding an option to cancel the deal at the end of 2015. McLaren decided not to activate the clause once satisfied that Button was committed to extend his Formula 1 stay […]

Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Alonso hails 'best lap' at Suzuka

Fernando Alonso hailed "probably the best lap of my career" at Suzuka, despite being restricted to 14th place on the grid. Alonso, who last won at the circuit in 2006, made it through to Q2 at Honda's home event but posted the slowest time, finishing the session ahead of only the non-participating Max Verstappen. "That was probably the best lap of my career around Suzuka," said Alonso. "I could have fitted 100 more sets of tyres to the car, and I probably still wouldn’t have […]

Posted on Friday, September 25, 2015

McLaren convincing Button to stay

McLaren says it is trying to convince Jenson Button to prolong his career in Formula 1, amid suggestions that the Briton is set to retire at the end of 2015. Button has spent six years with McLaren but his future remains uncertain, following speculation that the 2009 champion will walk away from the sport at the end of the year. McLaren Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale says that the outfit, which has endured a troublesome 2015 following its reunion with Honda, wants Button to stay […]

Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2015

Button in 'good talks' with McLaren

Jenson Button says he is holding 'good talks' with McLaren as rumours swirl over his future participation in Formula 1. Reports in the British press suggested that Button was set to announce his exit from the sport, but ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix, the 2009 World Champion remained coy on his plans. "Since the last race there’s no more information to give you," he said. "You’re going to have to wait for a little while I’m sorry to say but we’re in good talks, […]

Posted on Sunday, September 6, 2015

Alonso not fussed by Monza retirement

Fernando Alonso says McLaren made a 'wise decision' to retire him from the Italian Grand Prix after suffering from an electrical control board issue. Alonso was catching up with McLaren team-mate Jenson Button during the closing stages of the race but the problem ultimately side lined him, albeit with the pair scrapping over a lowly 14th place. "I got a good start today, then a couple of cars made contact at the first corner, which slowed me down," he said. "Then, at the second chicane, […]

Posted on Friday, September 4, 2015

McLaren 'intends' to retain same driver line-up

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says that the squad's intention is to retain Jenson Button alongside Fernando Alonso in 2016. Alonso returned to the squad on a long-term deal at the start of the year while McLaren has an option to keep Button for 2016. Speculation over Button's future has been heightened by the presence of test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen, as well as GP2 championship leader Stoffel Vandoorne, both of whom are McLaren young drivers. While expecting to hold on to Button, Boullier […]

Posted on Thursday, September 3, 2015

McLaren pair set for another grid penalty

McLaren drivers Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button will sustain further engine grid penalties at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix. Honda has confirmed that it intends to change the Internal Combustion Engine [ICE] in both MP4-30s for the ninth time this season. As this is the first time Alonso has used a ninth version of any of the six elements which make up the power unit, the Spaniard will receive a 10 place penalty. Button's car was fitted with a ninth Turbocharger [TC] and Motor Generator […]

Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Alonso rues 'painful' weekend for McLaren

Fernando Alonso says that McLaren's performance during the Belgian Grand Prix was 'painful' as it finished significantly adrift of the top 10 at Spa Francorchamps. McLaren struggled throughout the weekend, leaving Alonso and team-mate Jenson Button to start from the back row of the grid after a litany of engine penalties. Alonso made a strong start but was unable to keep pace with the remainder of the pack as he came home a lowly 13th. "That was a tough race and a painful weekend: we […]

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Button: Q1 lap like a pole position

Jenson Button compared the lap which left him eliminated in Q1 to the one which he set for pole position at the Belgian Grand Prix in 2012. Heavily compromised due to the characteristics of the Spa Francorchamps circuit, Button was able to set only the 17th fastest time in qualifying and will drop two places further back due to engine penalties. "I felt my lap today was equal to the pole position lap I did here three years ago – I really enjoyed driving the […]

Posted on Friday, August 21, 2015

McLaren pair to start from back row

McLaren drivers Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso will start from the back row of the grid at the Belgian Grand Prix after the FIA confirmed that they have received penalties due to power unit changes. Button will drop 25 positions due to using an eighth Turbocharger, a seventh MGU-H, a seventh ICE and a seventh MGU-K. Alonso has been nominally handed a 30 place drop due to using a seventh version of the ICE, the Turbocharger and the MGU-H, as well as a sixth iteration […]

Posted on Friday, August 7, 2015

Button 'shaken' after holiday robbery

Jenson Button has been left 'shaken' after he and his wife Jessica were the victims of a robbery while on holiday in Southern France. The couple were residing with friends in a holiday home in Saint-Tropez, to the West of Monaco, where Button lives. It is suspected that the group were victims of being gassed, enabling thieves to steal possessions belonging to the group. "Two men broke into the property whilst they all slept and stole a number of items of jewellery including, most upsettingly, […]