أرشيف وسم ‘ Graeme Lowdon ’

Posted on Friday, October 10, 2014

Marussia overwhelmed by support following Bianchi accident

Marussia's Graeme Lowdon says the team has been overwhelmed by support in the days following Jules Bianchi's serious accident at the Japanese Grand Prix. Bianchi remains in hospital in Japan suffering from a diffuse axonal injury after he struck a recovery vehicle. Lowdon says that Formula 1's reaction to the accident has been of enormous help to the squad. "It’s been an incredibly difficult week for Formula One but it’s been an incredibly difficult week for our team," he said. "It has been a really […]

Posted on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Marussia retains Chilton for 2014 season

Marussia has confirmed that Max Chilton will continue to race for the team in 2014. Chilton made his Formula 1 debut for Marussia in 2013, and finished all 19 races with a best result of 14th place in Monaco. Chilton will continue to race alongside Jules Bianchi, who also made his Formula 1 debut for Marussia in 2013. "I am really happy to be continuing with the Marussia into a second season," 22-year-old Chilton said after the announcement was made at Autosport International in Birmingham. […]

Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Marussia names Magnussen as potential Chilton successor

Marussia has named McLaren protege Kevin Magnussen as a potential race driver for 2014. It is already known that the Ferrari-linked French rookie Jules Bianchi is staying with the team beyond this season. But a few days ago, his 2013 teammate Max Chilton admitted his own future is not yet secure. "I feel I'm showing I deserve a seat for next year," the Briton, who brings substantial backing to Marussia, is quoted by the Independent newspaper. "I admit, at times, I haven't got things right, […]

Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013

Symonds: Financial issues affecting most teams

Marussia technical director Pat Symonds believes that most teams on the Formula 1 grid are concerned about their finances. Symonds, who previously worked at Renault, told Sky Sports that most teams are looking at their finances with a worried eye. When asked whether a 'financial straitjacket' was too strong a description about Marussia, Symonds replied "If anything, I don't think it's a strong enough description - it's really tough in Formula 1 at the moment." "The fact is, outside the top four teams everyone has […]

Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Marussia and Caterham held unsuccessful merger talks

Marussia President Graeme Lowdon has confirmed that discussions with rivals Caterham regarding a merge of the two teams were held over the winter. Today's issue of The Times claims that 'Talks between the Marussia and Caterham teams started over the winter as they tried to find common ground so that they could guarantee survival. But the talks foundered and the two teams are now in a dogfight for tens of millions of pounds in prize money'. "I have everything prepared here for them to sign. […]

Posted on Friday, March 1, 2013

Kovalainen, not Petrov, in running for Razia's seat

Heikki Kovalainen has emerged as a surprise contender to keep his Formula One career alive in 2013. Ousted by Caterham, the Finn is reportedly in talks with Marussia about replacing the Brazilian Luiz Razia, whose F1 debut is on the skids over delayed sponsorship payments. MTV3, the Finnish broadcaster, is citing 'several credible sources' in reporting that 31-year-old Kovalainen is in with a shout of becoming Max Chilton's teammate. Multiple other media sources are reporting the same, based on swirling rumours in the Barcelona paddock […]

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Marussia looking for 2014 engine supplier

Marussia is on the market for a new engine supplier, sporting director Graeme Lowdon has admitted. Although Cosworth has not ruled out supplying a turbo V6 for the all-new 2014 regulations, Marussia is now the British company's only customer for the existing V8. And most paddock experts expect only Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari to supply V6s next year. "My understanding is that Cosworth won't be making a 2014 engine," Lowdon explained at the FOTA Fans' Forum in Barcelona. "I don't work for Cosworth, but that […]

Posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Marussia not offered 2013 Concorde Agreement deal

Marussia is the only team on the official 2013 entry list that is yet to be offered a new Concorde Agreement deal. The German website motorsport-total.com reports that the news could be particularly bad for the Russian-owned British backmarker, as Bernie Ecclestone is apparently considering scrapping the so-called 'column 3' benefits for the sport's new teams that debuted in 2010. Presumably, Ecclestone wants to scrap the column-3 entitlements because Caterham has moved into a higher status due to regularly finishing tenth in the constructors' world […]

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Glock admits need to 'google' 2012 teammate Pic

It is a sign of the times when an established formula one driver admits he will need to 'google' his likely new teammate. Timo Glock joked to Auto Motor und Sport that, if the reports are true that Frenchman Charles Pic is set to replace Jerome d'Ambrosio at Virgin next year, he will have to unfold his laptop. 21-year-old Pic, fourth in GP2 this year, has been driving German Glock's car in Abu Dhabi this week for the so-called young driver test. "What does he […]

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Branson still involved after Virgin name change

The team currently known as Virgin has moved to allay the fears of sponsors who worry Sir Richard Branson is pulling out of formula one. Next year, the team will revert to the chassis name of its Russian supercar partner , after two seasons as Virgin Racing and regular circuit appearances by the famous brand's figurehead Branson. Referring to potentially worried sponsors, team sporting director Graeme Lowdon said: "They specifically joined us because they wanted to get closer to the Virgin group of companies and […]

Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ecclestone not ruling out Turkey return

Bernie Ecclestone has not ruled out reinstating the Turkish grand prix on future formula one calendars, a local newspaper reports this week. We reported this week that the Istanbul circuit, the scene of seven grands prix since 2005 but not on next year's schedule, is on standby in the event Bahrain needs to be cancelled again. And the Turkish Hurriyet daily reports that F1 chief executive Ecclestone "has expressed hope that F1 management will agree with Turkish authorities to hold the races in the country […]

Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Teams cautiously welcome split British TV deal

Jul.30 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has dismissed suggestions the new television broadcasting deal for Britain is a breach of the Concorde Agreement.

It is understood the highly-secreted agreement between the commercial rights holder, the FIA and the team...