أرشيف وسم ‘ contract ’

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ferrari plays down Raikkonen return reports

Ferrari on Wednesday played down reports it has made a lucrative offer to sign Kimi Raikkonen for 2014. As Lotus and Red Bull tussle over the Finn's services, and amid wild rumours Ferrari number 1 Fernando Alonso is toying with a switch to Red Bull, the Raikkonen-to-Ferrari story was broken earlier by the German newspaper Bild. A Ferrari spokesman told the German news agency DPA the team "has no interest in the driver market right now". But with Felipe Massa's contract expiring, that might not […]

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ferrari offers Raikkonen seat for 2014

The 2014 driver 'silly season' has taken yet another shock twist. Germany's Bild newspaper claims Kimi Raikkonen, already wanted by Lotus next year and also in the running to switch to Red Bull, is now a contender to drive a Ferrari in 2014. Raikkonen, who drove for the great Italian marque for three years and even won the title in 2007, left Ferrari one year early at the end of 2009 when the team replaced him with Fernando Alonso. Alonso, however, although under contract through […]

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Booth: 2014 Marussia-Ferrari deal unrelated to Bianchi

Marussia team principal John Booth says their deal with Ferrari regarding 2014 power units is unrelated to Jules Bianchi's future. Bianchi is a member of the Ferrari driver academy and has raced for Marussia this season. But Booth insists that the two deals are not related and that the partnership between Ferrari and Marussia does not necessarily mean that Bianchi will remain with the team into 2014. "First of all, with Jules, he is a Ferrari young driver but the two deals are totally separate," […]

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Indian Grand Prix to take sabbatical, will return in 2015

Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that there will not be an Indian Grand Prix in 2014. Instead, the event will return to the sport at the start of 2015. Due to the move, there will also be a race in the country in 2012. Ecclestone told IANS that an agreement has been reached with race promoter Jaypee group. "When we signed the five-year deal with Jaypee we were keen on going to India in the first half and Jaypee wanted it to be in October," he […]

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013

Red Bull runs with Alonso rumour

Red Bull is running with the rumour, after Fernando Alonso's manager was spotted in talks with Christian Horner in Hungary. The suggestion Ferrari's number 1 is about to sensationally switch to Red Bull to replace Mark Webber could have been easily denied, as Alonso's manager Luis Garcia Abad also looks after the career of youngster Carlos Sainz jr. Instead, Horner said: "There are statements about Kimi and statements about Fernando but we have to make sure nothing clouds our judgment about next year." Actually, most […]

Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013

Force India also owes Hulkenberg money

According to Blick newspaper, Sauber is not the only Formula One team that owes Nico Hulkenberg money. Veteran correspondent Roger Benoit told the German he has heard that Force India, his 2012 employer, also failed to pay him his full dues last year. Hulkenberg smiled as he replied: "Is that even a question? "As far as numbers or salaries go, I cannot say anything. There are contracts." Benoit added that Hulkenberg then "laughed and said nothing" when it was suggested he might be able to […]

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Alonso-Red Bull rumour a false alarm

A meeting in Hungary between Christian Horner and Fernando Alonso's manager could have had nothing to do with the Ferrari driver. Germany's Sport Bild reported earlier that Red Bull had confirmed the meeting in the team's motor home took place at Alonso manager Luis Garcia Abad's behest. Photos of the meeting were even published, raising the tantalising prospect of Alonso buying out the rest of his long and lucrative Ferrari deal to join arch-rival Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull in 2014. But Auto Motor und […]

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hungaroring extends contract to 2022

The Hungarian Grand Prix will remain on the Formula 1 calendar until at least 2022. Organisers of the event signed a deal with Bernie Ecclestone on Sunday morning prior to the 2013 running of the event. The original deal expired at the end of the 2016 season. The event, which takes place near the capital of Budapest, has been held annually since 1986. The circuit has been modified a couple of times, most recently in 2003 when the pit straight was lengthened.

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sutil: top teams got the tyres they wanted

Paul Hembery in Hungary said he hopes the world of F1 can "finally get back to talking about racing, the drivers and the cars". Indeed, the word 'tyre' has utterly dominated the 2013 season, as the grid grappled with excessive wear, the 'test-gate' scandal, and the fallout of the chaotic British grand prix. But Pirelli boss Hembery's wish has not come true. Just after putting his Mercedes on pole in Hungary, Lewis Hamilton admitted he is not really looking forward to the grand prix. "I […]

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Raikkonen's manager says 2014 talks still ongoing

Amid suggestions Red Bull is preparing a 2014 contract for Daniel Ricciardo, Kimi Raikkonen's manager insists the Finn is still in the running. "The facts, or what I can tell you, is that an agreement has not been reached at this time. "Negotiations and discussions are still underway," manager Steve Robertson, who reportedly had a meeting with Lotus' Eric Boullier in Hungary on Friday, told the Finnish broadcaster MTV3. He added: "I can't tell you much about the details, but things are still open. I […]

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ferrari to buy out Allison's Lotus contract

Ferrari looks set to buy out the remainder of former technical director James Allison's Lotus contract. That is the claim of Finland's Turun Sanomat newspaper, following reports the Briton is definitely headed to Maranello. Correspondents Luis Vasconcelos and Heikki Kulta report that Allison neared an agreement with Honda, initially to build a test car ahead of the Japanese manufacturer's return as works engine supplier to McLaren in 2015. But when McLaren "did not support the idea" of a Honda test car, Allison's eyes reportedly turned […]

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013

Massa warns Ferrari exit could end F1 career

Felipe Massa has admitted he could drive off the grid altogether if Ferrari does not extend his contract beyond 2013. The well-connected Brazilian newspaper O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper said Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta are at the front of the queue if Ferrari decide Massa's struggle for results recently should end his long tenure. Both candidates were not denying the speculation in Hungary. "To tell you the truth," Force India's di Resta told F1's official website, "my management team is looking at what […]