أرشيف وسم ‘ accident ’

Posted on Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flashes from the past- F1 in the 1960s- part 2

Now we move onto the second article of the series, this article stresses on safety features introduced into F1. SAFETY: One would assume that safety has always been given prime importance in Formula 1. That actually hasn’t been the case. F1 was a sport for the elite- for those who were not just fast but more importantly had a Do-or-Die attitude, fully aware of the risks and a probability of not coming out of a race in full health. It was only during the 1960s […]

Posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rosberg to receive 2011 Bandini trophy in June

Mar.2 (GMM) Nico Rosberg will be this year's winner of the prestigious Bandini trophy.

The Trofeo Lorenzo Bandini is an ongoing tribute to the leading Italian driver of his period, who was burned to death in an accident at Monaco in 1967.

The last t...

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Heidfeld: Chance to good to turn down

Nick Heidfeld has said that Renault's approach was too good to turn down, but admitted he had to undertake some soul searching before agreeing to replace the injured Robert Kubica.

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011

Renault can replace Heidfeld during 2011 - report

Feb.21 (GMM) Nick Heidfeld's new contract with Renault allows the team to replace him with Robert Kubica at any point in 2011.

That is the claim of the specialist publication Speed Week, amid earlier suggestions a solid one-year term might have been ...

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3D Simulation of Kubica's crash

Here is a simulation of Robert Kubica’s accident during the Ronda de Andora rally last Sunday. The Renault F1 driver has since been through a series of operations and faces a long recovery from his wounds. Kubica crashed his Skoda Fabia on a right hand bend, with a gap in the armco barrier proving to be the near-fatal object.

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lauda unimpressed with Kubica's rallying

Niki Lauda, three times Formula One champion, has criticised Robert Kubica for his decision to participate in rallies outside of his Formula One commitments.

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011

Kubica: I will return to Formula One this season

Despite suffering a horrific injury in a rally accident on Sunday, Robert Kubica has said that he wants to return to Formula One this season. Kubica, 26, lost control on a right hand bend and caught a gap in the armco barrier, which ripped through the car. In the accident, he was left with just a litre of blood.

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011

Kubica gives first interview, vows to return in 2011

Feb.11 (GMM) Robert Kubica has given his first interview since suffering horrific injuries last Sunday in a rally crash.

La Gazzetta dello Sport's Pino Allievi spoke in Italian with Renault's Polish driver, as the 26-year-old vowed to "come back stro...

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jerez day one: Red Bull report

Mark took the RB7-01 on a 94-lap test of the Jerez circuit and chalked up a best time of 1:21.522. The best of the day was Felipe Massa’s 1:20.709 for Ferrari.
The team’s focus today was on tyres as we evaluated a broader range of Pirellis than used in Valencia last week.

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kubica feared he was paralysed in crash - manager

Feb.10 (GMM) Robert Kubica feared his horror rally crash had left him paralysed, the Polish driver's manager has revealed.

After arriving at the Italian hospital in a critical condition last Sunday and having seven hours of surgery, the 26-year-old R...

Posted on Sunday, February 6, 2011

Robert Kubica suffers serious injury

Robert Kubica looks set to miss the start of the new Formula 1 season after suffering multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand in a crash on the Ronde di Andora rally on Sunday. The Polish driver was airlifted to hospital on Sunday morning following a high-speed crash that took place 4.6 kilometres into the opening stage of the event, on a stage near the village of Testico in Italy. Kubica is understood to have swiped a wall and hit a crash barrier […]

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011

JJ Lehto facing manslaughter charges

Former F1 driver JJ Lehto is facing a charge of manslaughter for his involvement in a boat accident last year, in which a friend of his was killed.