Sutil wants talks after Nasr-Ericsson line-up confirmed

By on Thursday, November 6, 2014
Sauber F1 Team

Sauber F1 Team

Adrian Sutil says he wants to talk with Sauber after the Swiss team confirmed that he would not be racing for the squad in 2015.

Sauber confirmed last weekend that Marcus Ericsson would join them next year and revealed on Wednesday that GP2 driver Felipe Nasr will race alongside Ericsson.

Sutil, who said earlier this year that he has a 2015 deal with Sauber, insists that the situation at the moment needs resolving.

"There are certain things to talk about definitely," he commented ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix. "They confirmed two drivers, but it doesn't mean the drivers are going to drive, and it doesn't mean the team is going to drive. So there is no real change from last weekend to this weekend.

"It is just an announcement. I think I have to do some talking."

Team-mate Esteban Gutierrez, also left without a seat, says he is exploring his options.

"Unfortunately, after long talks and negotiations, we were not able to reach an agreement," said GutiƩrrez.

"At the same time we have and are still working on several alternatives with the intention to remain in Formula 1."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.