Sutil in line for Force India return

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Sahara Force India

Adrian Sutil could be in for a surprise return to Force India.

The German driver raced for the Silverstone based team between 2007 and 2011, taking a best result of fourth.

Sutil was replaced by Nico Hulkenberg for 2012, but with the latter heavily linked with Sauber, Sutil could return to Force India for a second stint, according to team co-owner Vijay Mallya.

"I offered an extension to both drivers. I hear from the media that Nico has signed with Sauber. Well, if he has then good luck to him", Mallya told Reuters.

"I have not been officially notified by Nico of anything. He hasn't sat down with me and told me that. I would expect that he would if he was on his way...I have an excellent relationship with him, he's a wonderful guy. He's done well for us", he added.

When asked whether this could open the door for Sutil, Mallya responded, "Yes absolutely, why not? Never forget I always have the potential of considering Sutil again. Sutil is always quick. So there are many options".

"I would certainly consider him".

Sutil was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm following a nightclub brawl in China last year and handed an eighteen month suspended sentence but has been seen in Force India's motorhome on a number of occasions in 2012.

"Even though I didn't re-sign him for 2012, he's [Sutil] still welcome. That's the kind of culture I'd like to have in this team. Very friendly, very informal. So Nico will always be part of us. I won't stand in his way".


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.