Stevens disappointed after strategy call

By on Monday, November 2, 2015
Manor Marussia

Manor Marussia

Manor Marussia driver Will Stevens expressed disappointment after a strategy call left him trailing team-mate Alexander Rossi at the Mexican Grand Prix.

Stevens, who was beaten by Rossi in Singapore and Japan, ran in front of the American for the bulk of the race but changing to a one stop strategy scuppered his hopes.

"I’m pretty disappointed with how the race ended for me, after running ahead of Alex for 46 laps of the race," he said.

"I had a really good car at the start but we switched strategy from a two-stopper to a single stop, which wasn’t good for me as I have been really happy with the car on the Option tyre all weekend but I’ve really struggled with the Prime.

"A long second stint on the Medium just didn’t work out. Alex and I had a great scrap and although the end result wasn’t what I’d hoped for, I’ve had a much improved weekend after a couple of more disappointing races prior to this."

Rossi was pleased to finish in 15th spot after a problematic opening stint in his MR03B.

"Things started out well, but a few laps in I was really struggling with the car on those tyres, so I was losing a very worrying amount of time," he explained.

"Thankfully, the next two stints - on the Prime, then back on the Option - were much better and I was really happy to be back in the fight.

"I was substantially quicker than the other car, so I closed the gap pretty quickly and was able to retake the place ahead. So 25% of the race was difficult, but the other 75% was fantastic and more than made up for it."

If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.