Sauber unveils C35-Ferrari online

By on Monday, February 29, 2016
Sauber F1 Team

Sauber F1 Team

Sauber has become the final team to unveil its 2016 challenger after publishing pictures of its C35-Ferrari online.

The Swiss team opted to use its C34-Ferrari during last week's opening test in Spain, ahead of the 2016 car making its debut at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on Tuesday.

"We want to clearly improve," said team boss Monisha Kaltenborn.

"Obviously, there’s a certain position we’d like to achieve. But, to start with, it’s important to become established in mid-field. Only then are we going to focus on individual positions."

Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr will remain with the outfit for a second season.

"The battle for positions is getting fiercer," explained Ericsson. "But I’m convinced that, with the new car, we’re going to take a step forward so that we can finish in the points with greater consistency and under our own steam.

"Last year we managed a good start. In the second half of the season it was a harder struggle for us to score points. This season I’d like to see us being in contention for points and fighting on a level where speed is decisive."

Nasr added that he is confident Sauber has made progress, after placing eighth in last year's standings.

"It’s difficult for me to predict how the positions behind the top teams are going to pan out this season – and where we’ll be able to line up in that part of the field," he said.

"We’re going to put innovations on the grid, but so are our competitors, and their efficiency remains to be seen. It’s hardly possible to make any predictions under these circumstances.

"The whole team has been working very hard to explore areas in the car that we can improve. That’s why I’m confident that we’ve made progress."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.