Sauber retains Ericsson and Nasr for 2016

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015
Sauber F1 Team

Sauber F1 Team

Sauber has confirmed that it will run an unchanged driver line-up in 2016 after extending the contracts of Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr.

Both drivers joined Sauber at the start of the year, with Ericsson moving across from the defunct Caterham team and Nasr having stepped up from GP2.

"I’m very happy that Sauber put its trust in my potential for another year," he said.

"Up to now I have some good memories of my first year with the long-standing Swiss team. I had a great start from the very beginning, and it is worth mentioning my first points in Formula One that I scored right away during the season-opener.

"I am getting to know everyone within the team more and more, and feel I am being appreciated as a valuable driver."

"The extension to the contract with Sauber is an important step in my career," said Nasr. "During the first half of the season, in what is my rookie year, I was able to gain a lot of experience from a driving perspective as well as on the personal side.

"Finishing fifth at my first ever Formula 1 race in Melbourne in the Australian Grand Prix is so far my career highlight. Now I am looking forward to the second half of the season. My objective is to support the team as best I can, and also with regard to the development of the new car."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.