Sauber pair eye end to points drought

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Sauber F1 Team

Sauber F1 Team

Sauber drivers Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr are hoping to take advantage of the often unpredictable nature of the Monaco Grand Prix to end the outfit's points drought.

Sauber has not finished in the top 10 since last year's Russian Grand Prix, with the team ahead of only Manor in the standings on results countback.

Ericsson is confident further opportunities will follow later in the year when Sauber introduces its long-awaited upgrade package, which will not make its debut until at least the Austrian Grand Prix.

"Yes, at least up until now depending on how the rest of the year develops with the car," Ericsson said when asked if Monaco presented a chance for Sauber.

"Hopefully we will have better chances, but so far this year it’s the best chance."

Nasr scored points in Monaco last year but accepts Sauber has slipped back across the last 12 months.

"We are a bit further back than we were last year, that’s for sure," he said.

"Last year we qualified in front of Williams if I am not wrong but it’s a different scenario this year.

"Also we were surprised last year by the race pace, but this year a lot of teams have moved forwards. But it can be place where an opportunity might come."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.