Nico Rosberg says he is 'not proud' with what happened at the Belgian Grand Prix and insists it was his own decision to apologise to Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton after reviewing the incident.
Rosberg clipped Hamilton at the start of the Belgian Grand Prix two weeks ago, resulting in the Brit's car sustaining a puncture.
Rosberg released a statement last week apologising for his actions and affirmed his feelings ahead of this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.
"I took the week to think about it and had a look at it and discussed with the team on Friday and I just in the end decided that it was me who should take responsibility for it," he said.
"At Spa, definitely I was not proud of the way it went because in general I really want to contribute to 'my sport' in inverted commas, you know, because I want it to be the most entertaining sport in the world and if I'm able to contribute to that in many ways throughout the season then I'm very happy about that and I'm sure in many we have and that's great."
"It's been very clear from the beginning that we must not have contact between us team-mates. And so from that point of view the approach doesn't change now for the future. It's been the same."
Rosberg also dismissed suggestions that it was his Mercedes team which opted to apologise on his behalf.
"They can't make me apologise," he said. "It definitely was a decision that came from me after hearing people's opinions and after having looked at it myself again. I felt that it was my responsibility."