Force India driver Sergio Perez says he is in favour of the FIA's plans to introduce double points for the season finale from next season.
The sport's governing body announced earlier this week that drivers will receive double points in Abu Dhabi next year.
World champion Sebastian Vettel called the rule 'absurd' while Red Bull team-mate Daniel Ricciardo labelled it 'bizarre'.
But Perez says the change will make the end of the year exciting.
"I'm in favour, I think it will make things really exciting," he told Sky Sports News.
"It can go against you, it can go for you. Let's see how things go this year but I expect to have a lot of excitement in the final race. It will be a positive to have double points and will put a lot of interest at the end of the championship, both in the Constructors' Championship as well as the Drivers' Championship."
Perez, who was unveiled as a Force India driver in London on Thursday, says he remains thankful to McLaren but is now focused on his future with Force India.
"I'm very thankful for the opportunity they gave me but unfortunately it didn't work out for both parties. Unfortunately I joined them at the wrong time but I don't have any anger towards them."
"We [Force India] know our limitations but I think the team has very high targets for next year of which I'm part of - together with Nico [Hulkenberg] - I'm looking forward to working really hard to bring the team as high up as possible."
"The whole combination is very hungry; the team, the drivers, so I think definitely we're going to be the most hungry cars out there! We have a lot to prove, so I'd say it can be a great year for the team and it can be a year that moves the team forward."