Perez expecting new Force India deal soon

By on Thursday, September 3, 2015
Sauber F1 Team

Sauber F1 Team

Sergio Perez says that he expects to remain with Force India into 2016, extending his stay with the squad for a third season.

Perez began his Formula 1 career with Sauber and after a difficult 2013 with McLaren found refuge at Force India, finishing on the podium in Bahrain last year.

Force India confirmed earlier this week that Nico Hulkenberg will remain with the team until at least the end of 2017 and Perez is sure that the pair will remain team-mates into next season.

"For me the news is coming quite soon, I have a contract with the team, as you know I have a group of sponsors and we’re trying to make the announcement altogether," said Perez.

"I think [there will be news] quite soon, we are getting to the point where very soon things should be announced, my plans should be announced hopefully before the next race.

"My priority is to stay here – it’s things we’re discussing, the team is going upwards, pushing, and I know the plans of the team so I’m happy to stay here."

If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.