The FIA has confirmed that there will not be an investigation into the second lap collision between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton at the Belgian Grand Prix.
Rosberg clipped Hamilton as the duo rounded the Les Combes complex, with the Brit sustaining a puncture which ultimately led to him retiring from the Grand Prix, having tumbled down the order.
The stewards at Spa Francorchamps deemed the collision to be a racing incident and thus did not investigate the contact during the race.
But during Hamilton's press briefing following a team meeting after the race, he revealed that Rosberg said he purposely did not back off in order to 'prove a point.' Mercedes Motorsport boss Toto Wolff played down accusations that Rosberg had deliberately hit his team-mate, although confirmed that the German was trying to 'make a point'; Rosberg on Monday countered Hamilton's claims in his video blog.
The race results had already been made official by the time of Hamilton's accusations and the FIA has confirmed that unless new information was officially submitted to the sport's governing body, there would be no investigation.
"The FIA will not intervene in this issue," FIA spokesman Pierre Regent told the Daily Mail.
"Only a "new element" that would have appeared after the results became final could justify us opening an investigation. A comment alleged to have been made in an internal briefing and later denied by the team itself does not constitute such a "new element"."
Rosberg currently leads Hamilton by 29 points, with seven rounds remaining this season.