Marko: STR drivers are not safe

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

Helmut Marko has warned Toro Rosso duo Sebastien Buemi & Jaime Alguersuari that their seats are not secure for the duration of the 2011 season.

Toro Rosso has Australian Daniel Ricciardo as a third driver this season, and he has already tested the car in Jerez. Ricciardo will also test on some Friday practice sessions in place of Buemi or Alguersuari.

Marko also commented on the talents of reigning British F3 champion Jean-Eric Vergne

“In Ricciardo and Vergne we have two outstanding talents. Buemi and Alguersuari know that their job is not a pillow, and we are not a boarding school,” the Austrian told Auto Motor und Sport.

“Buemi’s services last year were not what we expected of him,” he warns. “Alguersuari has developed, but is it enough?”

“If our four drivers went side by side into a corner, I guarantee Vergne would come out the other side first,” he said.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.