Manager denies Kubica won't return in 2011

By on Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29 (GMM) Robert Kubica's manager has hit out at Gerard Lopez's claim that the injured Pole will definitely not return to formula one in 2011.

Lopez, head of the Renault team's owner Genii Capital, told Spanish radio last week that while the 26-year-old definitely will not race this year, he might appear in a Friday practice session.

"What Lopez said is not corresponding with the information that we have," Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli told the BBC. "There is no basis to make such a statement.

"To give a Friday session to Robert is the minimum that the team should give to support its driver. It looks to me kind of an insufficient proposal," he added.

"When Robert is back, he will be back because he will be capable of doing what he did the day before the accident."

Morelli said there is "no concern" that Kubica, whose right wrist was the most badly injured in his February rally crash, will not recover eventually.

"If the trend keeps going like it is now the doctors think that Robert can start his training programme at the end of July to rebuild his normal conditions," he revealed.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.