Force India won't rush 2014 driver decision

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Sahara Force India

Sahara Force India

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya says that there is no rush for the team to decide on their 2014 driver line-up.

Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil have raced for the team this season but Force India has only once retained a driver line-up in two successive seasons.

Di Resta has raced for the team since the start of 2011, while Sutil returned to Force India this season after spending 2012 out of Formula 1.

GP2 racer James Calado is currently the team's reserve driver.

"We are considering all available options and we never take these decisions in haste," Mallya said of Force India's 2014 line-up.

"We have a competitive pairing at the moment, but we will sit down with the team management and discuss the way forward for next year. It’s unlikely we will make any decisions before the Indian Grand Prix in any case."

Force India had been battling with McLaren for fifth place in the Constructors' championship, but Mallya hinted that his team is now focused on beating a resurgent Sauber.

"The final five races offer some very different challenges," he said.

"Some tracks will suit us more than others, but it’s vital that we get back to scoring regular points to secure our position in the championship. Suzuka is a big challenge for us, but it’s important we keep our heads up and try to put the disappointment of Korea behind us."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.