Force India sing Sutil's praises

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

Sutil finished 5th at the Belgian Grand Prix last year

It is expected that Adrian Sutil will remain with Force India this season and two of the most prominent members of the team have been speaking out in praise of the German.

Sutil, 28, is set to enter his fifth season of Formula One with the Silverstone based squad having driven for them since they were Spyker in 2007. His best result has been 4th at the 2009 Italian Grand Prix but his run of scoring points in 2010 impressed many as he helped Force India to 7th in the Constructors Championship and easily beat team mate Vitantonio Liuzzi, who is set to be replaced by Paul di Resta.

“He is sometimes almost too honest,” Otmar Szafnauer, the teams chief operating officer told German media.

“In terms of driving, he sits directly behind Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Kubica among the category of the top drivers in Formula one”

Team boss Vijay Mallya added "He has grown with the team and contributed to our improvements. He is also developing personally and I expect this upwards trend to continue"

Sutil himself added "The organisation [of the team] is better, Mercedes and McLaren have helped us and our design department is working professionally"

When commenting on the teams fortunes, Sutil talked about 2009:

“We were down in the pack and then so suddenly in it to win, and I was so excited and surprised that I didn’t manage a perfect lap in qualifying,” he said, referring to Monza of that year.

An official announcement is expected regarding Force India's line up sometime this week, with the VJM04 due to be launched at Jerez at the start of the second test, on February 10th.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.