Force India retains Hulkenberg for 2015

By on Monday, October 20, 2014
Sahara Force India

Sahara Force India

Force India has confirmed that Nico Hulkenberg will remain with the team in 2015.

Hulkenberg, 27, first joined the team as reserve driver in 2011 and returned to the squad this season after spending a year with Sauber.

The German has scored points in 13 of the 16 races this year and currently lies eighth in the championship with 76 points.

"It’s good to confirm my plans for next season," he said. "This is a team I know extremely well and we’ve enjoyed a great year together with some special results. The team has big ambitions and I believe we can have a competitive package once again next year.

"We have a strong partner in Mercedes and everyone in the team is motivated and hungry for more success. I have a good feeling for 2015 and there is a lot to be excited about as we try to build on the results we have achieved this year."

Team principal Vijay Mallya said he was pleased to retain one of the 'best talents' on the Formula 1 grid.

"Everybody in the team is delighted to see Nico remain a Force India driver for next season," he said. "We rate him very highly and he has done a tremendous job this year by consistently picking up crucial championship points.

"We know him extremely well: he’s a true racer and he knows how to motivate the team. I am convinced he is one of the best talents on the grid and I am proud that he will continue to race in the colours of Force India."

Hulkenberg's team-mate, Sergio Perez, indicated last month that he would remain with Force India, but nothing has yet been confirmed.

If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.