Force India confirm Sutil and di Resta

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paul di Resta will join Adrian Sutil at the Force India team for the 2011 season, the Silverstone-based squad finally confirmed on Wednesday.

Di Resta, 2010 DTM champion, was Force India's third driver during last season and has been linked with the racing seat for months.

"Last year I became third driver here and good things happened, so here's hoping we get more good things," said di Resta during a news conference at the Whyte and Mackay offices in Glasgow.

The Scot will make his F1 racing debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix on 13 March.

Former Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg will be the team's reserve driver after being unable to find a racing seat for the upcoming season.

"I'm happy to be in an F1 team and Force India have shown some good progress for a young team," the German said.

Today's announcement means Italian Tonio Liuzzi is leaving the team, despite having a contract for this year.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.