Di Resta not giving up on F1 return

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Sahara Force India

Sahara Force India

Former Formula 1 driver Paul di Resta says he is not giving up on a return to the sport.

Di Resta lost his Force India seat at the end of 2013 after four years with the team and three as a race driver.

The Brit has since returned to the DTM Series which he won with Mercedes in 2010.

"My desire is to be involved in Formula 1 in some way, shape or form," di Resta told PA.

"Staying as actively as you can in the sport is important, and if there is any chance to get back then hopefully that can happen.

"At the moment I'll take it year by year and I'll do what I can to get back in. I certainly don't feel as though the door has closed on me in any way, and I'm not too old to give up.

"I did enough to show people what I can do, and there may be chances pop up. I'll continue to be as involved as I can over the next year, couple of years.

"Obviously I'm sad not to be there [in Australia], but I'm planning on trying to get to a few races, and when it comes back to Europe it will be far easier."

Di Resta achieved a best finish of fourth across his three seasons in Formula 1 - in Singapore in 2012 and Bahrain last year - and finished a career high 12th in last year's championship.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.