Dennis sure Alonso will recover for Melbourne

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015
McLaren Honda

Pirelli Media

McLaren CEO Ron Dennis says he is sure that Fernando Alonso will be fit in time for the opening round of the 2015 season in Australia.

Alonso spent three nights in hospital following a crash at last week's test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and has now returned home to recover.

The Spaniard will miss this week's group tests and will be replaced by Kevin Magnussen.

"I can't foresee any reason why not," Dennis said when asked if Alonso will be fit for next month's curtain raiser.

"I'm not the doctor; there will be some tests and processes laid down by the FIA. I can't see any reason why he won't sail through it.

"There are reports of some inability for recall, which is normal when you are shaken like this. He's completely lucid, talking, wants to drive, wants to go testing and all the rest of it.

"The doctor said if you really want to be sure and you want to give him the best chance of going to Australia and there not being any conditions then the best thing to do is to rest him. We're not going to go against the wishes of the doctor, so it's as simple as that."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.