De La Rosa reiterates 2013 HRT drive

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pedro de La Rosa has confirmed that has said that he is set to continue with HRT in 2013.

De La Rosa signed a two year contract with the Spanish team in 2011 and has re-iterated that those plans are still in tact.

"I’ll stay here with HRT next year", he said.

"Last year I signed a two-year contract - otherwise it wouldn’t have made any sense. When I joined the team I wanted a two-year deal; that was one of my basic terms because I saw it as a long-term project and I am sure that next year will be better"

The identity of De La Rosa's 2013 is currently unknown, although Narain Karthikeyan has said that he hopes he can retain his seat. If the team wants to push on with its aims to be completely Spanish - and if it is financially viable - reserve driver Dani Clos could be promoted from his current reserve driver role.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.

On this day
  • Ayrton Senna won the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix.
  • David Coulthard won the 2000 British Grand Prix.
  • Michael Schumacher won the 2006 San Marino Grand Prix.