De la Rosa eyes F1 stay 'one way or another'

By on Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mar.1 (GMM) Santander is continuing its relationship with Pedro de la Rosa.

A spokesman for the Spanish bank, which sponsors the Ferrari and McLaren teams in formula one, revealed the news during an event featuring Fernando Alonso in Madrid on Monday.

Juan Manuel Cendoya is quoted in the Spanish press as describing the newly 40-year-old de la Rosa as "a knight of F1" who has "standing and credibility".

The only remaining race seat for 2011 is with the Spanish team HRT, who are thought likely to sign another pay-driver to be Narain Karthikeyan's teammate.

De la Rosa, also with the Pirelli tyre testing role to fall back upon, has said his back-up plan is a third driver role with an F1 team.

He told Europa Press on his birthday last week that he will be in the sport in 2011 "one way or another" but did not elaborate.


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.