Brawn admits to own mistakes in Mercedes slump

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Jul.29 (GMM) Team boss Ross Brawn is willing to take the blame for Mercedes GP's failure to succeed so far.

Prior to the 2010 and 2011 seasons, the Briton predicted championship campaigns for the Brackley based team, but Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg are in fact yet to record a win.

Germany's Bild newspaper asked Brawn if it's his fault.

"Yes, I've made some mistakes. My choices were not always perfect, the transition (from Brawn GP to Mercedes) has taken too long."

He said the team's limited resources were stretched too thin.

"At the factory we undertook two difficult tasks in parallel: correcting the problems with the car and simultaneously making improvements to the structure in order to avoid problems in the future," said Brawn.

He does not blame the drivers. "They have done a good job and at the moment they can't get any more out of the car," said Brawn, who revealed that a third of Mercedes' entire workforce is now focusing on the 2012 single seater.

"We will reap the rewards in the future," said Brawn, vowing to stick with the Mercedes project until it is winning.

"Certainly, my family and I are secure financially, but I will not stop until Mercedes is winning races again."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.