Boullier fears tough Bahrain for McLaren

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
McLaren Honda

McLaren Honda

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says his squad is braced for another challenging time at the fourth round of the season in Bahrain this weekend.

McLaren has yet to score a point with its Honda-powered MP4-30 in 2015 but managed a two-car finish at the Chinese Grand Prix, with Fernando Alonso in 12th place and a penalised Jenson Button classified in 14th position.

While fearing a tricky time for the Woking-based squad this weekend, Boullier is sure that more progress will be made.

"China actually showed some positives for us on many fronts, not least because we successfully got both cars to the end of the race for the first time this season," he said.

"This has provided us with invaluable data and insight which we will carry through into the rest of the season and use to facilitate further performance improvements. Everyone at McLaren-Honda, in both companies, has been working tirelessly, and this was a significant achievement that we should all feel immensely proud of.

"[Sakhir] won’t be an easy track for our car given its high-speed nature, and since it takes place just one week after China, it proves tricky to bring any major developments to the car.

"Nevertheless, we have seen definite progress over each race weekend so far, and we expect it to be no different in Bahrain.

"The whole team is pushing very hard to build on our car’s performance and although this weekend will be challenging – finding the optimum set-up and balance in the car is crucial – we are looking forward to further developments once we finish this cycle of flyaways. We will give it our all in Bahrain, as always, and try to enjoy everything this impressive circuit has to offer."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.