Bianchi continues to fight, says father

By on Monday, April 13, 2015
Marussia F1 Team

Marussia F1 Team

Jules Bianchi's condition remains unchanged but he continues to fight, says his father Philippe.

Bianchi suffered serious injuries at last year's Japanese Grand Prix and has remained in a coma, though was moved to his native France in November and is breathing unaided.

Philippe Bianchi says the family continues to hope that the 25-year-old's condition will improve.

"Every day, Jules [is] doing a marathon," Bianchi told Nice-Matin.

"From a medical point of view, his condition is stable. [He has] no physical problems. All of his organs are working without assistance. But for now, he remains unconscious, in a coma."

Bianchi's father says that the initial prognosis was devastating, but that the Frenchman continues to fight.

"For this kind of trauma, as we know, evolution is very slow. Compared to what the Japanese surgeon who immediately operated in Yokkaichi said, this is already day and night," he said.

"When I arrived, with Jules' mother, there was no hope. The prognosis was alarming. There was talk of irreversible damage. They told us it would be a year before he was transferred [from Japan], but this was finally done after seven weeks, as he quickly could breathe again on his own."

"Jules is young. He is 25 years old. He is very strong physically as he survived such a shock. I'm very proud of Jules. I always have been. We hope [for] a new development.

"The next, it would be asking [to be out of] the coma. From time to time, at his bedside, we see that things are happening. At times, he is more 'active', he moves more, he squeezes our hand.

"But is it mere reflex reactions or real? [It is] hard to know. The important thing is that he is helped by excellent specialists."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.