Alguersuari thinks Toro Rosso seats safe in 2011

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19 (GMM) Jaime Alguersuari believes his Toro Rosso seat is safe at least in 2011.

The Red Bull owned team has admitted that if the Spaniard or his teammate Sebastien Buemi are not performing this year, Daniel Ricciardo's expected 2012 debut could be pushed forward.

But team boss Franz Tost said last weekend that because Toro Rosso's current drivers are "performing well", "nothing is up for discussion at the moment".

Alguersuari, now in his second full season in formula one, was asked by the Spanish news agency EFE this week if he fears Ricciardo might replace him before the current season is finished.

"A few days ago the boss of the team, Franz Tost, said that Buemi and I are staying at Toro Rosso," he answered.

Alguersuari is yet to open his points account in 2011 but he is bullish about his chances of a good season.

"I have never been better, physically and mentally," he said, insisting he is not downhearted that his Swiss teammate has had better results so far.

"Right now the individual is not the priority, the team is. At the moment there is no room for ego."


If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.