A late hello

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
why so serious
kart driver
kart driver

A late hello

Post by why so serious » 30 Jan 2009, 20:45

Hi my friends,

I searched for a separate topic for newbies but apparantly there is not. So, I'm sorry to open up a new topic to introduce myself.

I'm from Cyprus (well, let's say North Cyprus) 35 year guy working as an English teacher. My name is Erhan and I've been following F1 since late 90's but I was not that interested in F1 than I am now. Though I quitted to watch F1 race in crappy '05 season (afa Ferrrari and Schumi are concerned), I went back to watching races with marvellous 2007 season, if not, one of the best.

After Schumi, I'm not a fan of a driver no more, instead -as you may infer easily- I'm a fan of Ferrari. Yet, I'm not a Tifosi, just love to watch amazing races. Of course, it'd be better to see a red winner :n

Actually I had hoped to see more discussion in this forum than funstuff but I think after season opener, discussions will get more and more intensified.

See ya :wave:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: A late hello

Post by megasyxx » 30 Jan 2009, 20:53

howdee......looking forward to more mclaren-ferrari battles.......hopefully on the track and not in the courts though. :D

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Jan 2009, 20:56

welcome matey :) nice to see you here

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Jan 2009, 23:00

welcome..oh yes ... during the race days the dicussions here will be very intesified..

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 31 Jan 2009, 13:32

Yeah, check some of last year's race threads. Intense is what you'll be getting.. :)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

why so serious
kart driver
kart driver

Post by why so serious » 31 Jan 2009, 13:47

I had seen them, that's why I hoped :)

BMWSauber5
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by BMWSauber5 » 31 Jan 2009, 15:20

people who can work = work as teachers = if you can teach, you teach gym!

Just kiddin', this thing needs some humor.

Hi
I'm not scared of Swine Flu, i believe that if i get bitten by a pig, it gives me special powers. :p

why so serious
kart driver
kart driver

Post by why so serious » 31 Jan 2009, 17:49

BMWSauber5 wrote:people who can work = work as teachers = if you can teach, you teach gym!

Hi
Yeah, I know that, perfect one liner : ) Indeed, I remember this quotation from a Woody Allen film, namely Annie Hall, yet a bit different:

Alvy Singer (Woody Allen): I remember the staff at our public school. You know, we had a saying, uh, that those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym. And, uh, those who couldn't do anything, I think, were assigned to our school.

What is more, teachers speak too much. Try to be away from them :fear:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 31 Jan 2009, 19:06

why so serious wrote:
BMWSauber5 wrote:people who can work = work as teachers = if you can teach, you teach gym!

Hi
Yeah, I know that, perfect one liner : ) Indeed, I remember this quotation from a Woody Allen film, namely Annie Hall, yet a bit different:

Alvy Singer (Woody Allen): I remember the staff at our public school. You know, we had a saying, uh, that those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym. And, uh, those who couldn't do anything, I think, were assigned to our school.

What is more, teachers speak too much. Try to be away from them :fear:
Both of my parents are teachers. Which is why I'm somewhat sarcastic at times.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.