2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by Lemans3 » 06 Nov 2008, 20:31

I just watched the video clip on formula1.com about Brazil.
You see this ferrari guy freaking out when he is aware that MAssa didn't won? He's bouncing his head onto the Ferrari wall, and all the s*** comes down! The face of Massa's dad is hilarious

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 06 Nov 2008, 20:45

yeah....a historic moment, definitely one for the ages! :)

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 06 Nov 2008, 22:59

Yeah I see that too! This highlight show how tense was the finish!! I remember Imola 2005 and Nurburgring 2005 was a bit like that. And maybe Suzuka 1994 ( Damon Hill finished the race first but didn't know if he won because of the agregate race)

IraNik
kart driver
kart driver

Post by IraNik » 07 Nov 2008, 02:49

The FIA formula1.com video is just awesome!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Lewis Hamilton!!!

He is the guy that will bring balance to the force.

IraNik
kart driver
kart driver

Post by IraNik » 07 Nov 2008, 02:57

Lemans3 wrote:I just watched the video clip on formula1.com about Brazil.
You see this ferrari guy freaking out when he is aware that MAssa didn't won? He's bouncing his head onto the Ferrari wall, and all the s*** comes down! The face of Massa's dad is hilarious
Hahahahaha, that was a classic!!!

I am a bit sorry for Massa's dad, but I AM SO SO SO HAPPY for the blondie mechanic of ferrari who was celebrating like crazy and then he almost ate his tongue.
He is the same guy that was celebrating like crazy in Japan when Hamilton span when Massa rammed into him. Well deserved for him. Thank you Lewis Hamilton. The man that will bring balance to the force.

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Lemans3 » 07 Nov 2008, 08:11

Yes I totally agree with you!!

Also I remembered the face of Massa's dad when Heikki got a flat tyre at the Chinese GrandPrix. Butthead!
But now he will be quiet for a while. Good for him :wave: :wave:
IraNik wrote:
Hahahahaha, that was a classic!!!

I am a bit sorry for Massa's dad, but I AM SO SO SO HAPPY for the blondie mechanic of ferrari who was celebrating like crazy and then he almost ate his tongue.
He is the same guy that was celebrating like crazy in Japan when Hamilton span when Massa rammed into him. Well deserved for him. Thank you Lewis Hamilton. The man that will bring balance to the force.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Nov 2008, 09:40

Massa, Massa, Massa (and Barrichello): Who do think you are?
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3450.shtml
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

hitman007
car driver
car driver

Post by hitman007 » 07 Nov 2008, 10:19

i just saw the video summary Brazil's race on f1.com.........it's really good
"I know how to win and I know how to lose. " Felipe Massa

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y ... pID=604521

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 07 Nov 2008, 11:36

haha just saw the review and there was that guy smashing his head in the wall.

comforting to see. i did a similar thing last year. :laugh1:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 07 Nov 2008, 11:53

joostlamers wrote:Massa, Massa, Massa (and Barrichello): Who do think you are?
Ach, mein Gott. Stupid tabloid rumour, based on reports from questionably reliable sources. If it isn't published by autosport, F1.com or Crash.net or maybe a handful of reliable newspapers, then it isn't worth considering.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Nov 2008, 12:04

TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Massa, Massa, Massa (and Barrichello): Who do think you are?
Ach, mein Gott. Stupid tabloid rumour, based on reports from questionably reliable sources. If it isn't published by autosport, F1.com or Crash.net or maybe a handful of reliable newspapers, then it isn't worth considering.
That's what I was forst thinking, because I only read it at Belgian tabloids, but now f1live is reporting it... I'm doubting it's made up ''hmm''

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Nov 2008, 12:06

Zack wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
zack wrote:
megasyxx wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Wouldn't be so sure on McLaren being bad next year. I believe they are building 2 types of F1 cars, 1 with short wheelbase and 1 with a long wheelbase.
sounds interesting......they'll run with kers right? though i can see that this kers thing might be a main cause of reliability issues...
from what i have heard is not the different wheelbase but one KERS compatible and other incompatible.

I think all tops team will start season without kers.
No its definately long wheelbase and shorter wheelbase. Or at least what I read.
Its HUGE task ... i have full doubt about this theory!.

Ferrari has started development of F2009(?) since January or March.Its no secret they struggle to keep pace with other teams...
"I can't deny we are running a bit late. Let's say that I would like to have tried our system already. We have a lot to do but time is short. Even though we have two weeks more compared to the past, we must follow the collective tests calendar. There's a test in mid January and we can't miss it," shared technical director Aldo Costa to 'Gazzetta dello Sport'.

Certainly Mclaren has more resources than Ferrari ..so it might be possible.
joostlamers wrote:Heidfeld: "It's certainly true that Massa made some progress. When we were teamates at Sauber, he sometimes spun 6 times in 1 race, this year he only spun 5 times in 1 race in Silverstone, so that's good progress."
:laugh1: ..source? :laugh1:
From the 15th of July:

Q: There have been rumours that McLaren would come up with two cars in 2009: one with KERS and one without. Is there any truth in that ?
Haug: ''No. We're certainly flexible enough to be able to meet with the demands for that. We will have a sound approach to this matter and we will have a good KERS. Mercedes-Benz has an awful lot of knowledge in this area and we're well positioned in comparison to the competiton.''

Q: Can you already definately say whether KERS will be in the car come Melbourne 2009 ?
Haug: ''Yes.''

-----

Whether this is a yes or a no is open to interpretation...

But the effort of making one chassis work well with and without KERS is probably less big (and more efficient) than actually building two different chassis. Which personally I don't think they are doing: there are more than enough difficult things to tackle with working on just one concept, also keep in mind McLaren has been developing the MP4-23 till the very last race, and I don't think they've been working on three chassis' at the same time !

So far McLaren-Mercedes has invested € 30 million on the KERS project.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Nov 2008, 12:07

And they were all saying after Belgium, that they always wait until the official race results are announced, and now they were celebrating so early, that was the one of the best moments of F1, since I have been watching :laugh1:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Nov 2008, 16:08

Zack wrote:
megasyxx wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Wouldn't be so sure on McLaren being bad next year. I believe they are building 2 types of F1 cars, 1 with short wheelbase and 1 with a long wheelbase.
sounds interesting......they'll run with kers right? though i can see that this kers thing might be a main cause of reliability issues...
from what i have heard is not the different wheelbase but one KERS compatible and other incompatible.

I think all tops team will start season without kers.
No its definately long wheelbase and shorter wheelbase. Or at least what I read.[/quote]
Its HUGE task ... i have full doubt about this theory!.

Ferrari has started development of F2009(?) since January or March.Its no secret they struggle to keep pace with other teams...
"I can't deny we are running a bit late. Let's say that I would like to have tried our system already. We have a lot to do but time is short. Even though we have two weeks more compared to the past, we must follow the collective tests calendar. There's a test in mid January and we can't miss it," shared technical director Aldo Costa to 'Gazzetta dello Sport'.

Certainly Mclaren has more resources than Ferrari ..so it might be possible.
joostlamers wrote:Heidfeld: "It's certainly true that Massa made some progress. When we were teamates at Sauber, he sometimes spun 6 times in 1 race, this year he only spun 5 times in 1 race in Silverstone, so that's good progress."
:laugh1: ..source? :laugh1:[/quote]
From the 15th of July:

Q: There have been rumours that McLaren would come up with two cars in 2009: one with KERS and one without. Is there any truth in that ?
Haug: ''No. We're certainly flexible enough to be able to meet with the demands for that. We will have a sound approach to this matter and we will have a good KERS. Mercedes-Benz has an awful lot of knowledge in this area and we're well positioned in comparison to the competiton.''

Q: Can you already definately say whether KERS will be in the car come Melbourne 2009 ?
Haug: ''Yes.''

-----

Whether this is a yes or a no is open to interpretation...

But the effort of making one chassis work well with and without KERS is probably less big (and more efficient) than actually building two different chassis. Which personally I don't think they are doing: there are more than enough difficult things to tackle with working on just one concept, also keep in mind McLaren has been developing the MP4-23 till the very last race, and I don't think they've been working on three chassis' at the same time !

So far McLaren-Mercedes has invested € 30 million on the KERS project.
[/quote]
I don't care if you are trying to prove me wrong, I definately read true or not that McLaren were building a short wheelbase and a long wheelbase car.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Nov 2008, 16:12

it may be that the long wheelbase is with kers and the short is without, or the other way around...